My shining star

My shining star

Thursday 3 May 2018

Fake it - at stamps and stencils

Hello there! How are you today? I hope you are good! There is a new challenge starting at stamps and stencils today and the theme is 'Fake it' ...its Toni's theme and here's what she had to say....

 I love faux finishes of all descriptions whether it be rust, stone, leather or time worn vintage. You  name it we have the power to fake it! I'd like to see your projects that include at least one faux finish. Produce anything you like but please include some stamping or stencilling or both if your heart desires!

Here's my make! 



I enjoyed using a stamp set from tracy evans at allandcreate and lovely baked textures by seth apter - i used the chunky rust and the patina oxide in this creation - I was, of course, trying to creat faux rust! 


I started with a tag and some distress oxides and a distress ink....


I used these to colour the tag then added some chunky rust to the outside using versamark as a sticking medium...I then heat set.


Next, through the Tim Holtz bubbles stencil I added some versa mark then added the patina oxide 
and heat set



Next I added some tim holtz resist spray and more chunky rust, heat set, more spray, and patina oxide. I was liking it at this point so went on to do some stamping. First I stamped some words on the tag....


Then I used more distress ink and coloured a piece of card before stamping in versamark and adding chunky rust then heat setting and then cutting out the butterflies and dragonflies before adding them to the tag. I also coated a compass diecut from tando with versmark and then added chunky rust and heat set.  


Here's what the tag looked like until I added a couple of Tim Holtz words.

I hope you can join us! You'll find the link here.

I would like to enter my tag into the challenge at mixed-media-monthly-challenge-48 where the theme is rust.

Image may contain: text

Big hugs

Rachel xx

11 comments:

  1. Wow a gorgeous tag Rachel, I love how you achieved the effect.

    Hugs Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow this is fab, love the rusty look

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is fabulous Rachel, love the rust effect you created.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Rachel, your tag is gorgeous, you really have achieved some beautiful rust effects!! Love this! Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. A super tag Rachel, fabulous rust effect.
    Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful tag Rachel, I love the colours and the brilliant texture, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic Rachel. That rust and patina is the perfect background here.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous tag Rachel- love the texture and rust effect!
    Lula xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. What wonderful rusted textures and colours, Rachel - this is a fabulous tag.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous tag and brilliant rust effect
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fantastic rust effect Rachel ! The textures and colours are wonderful. Sue C x

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou so much for leaving a comment - it really does mean a lot to me! Hugs Rachel xx