My shining star

My shining star

Thursday 2 November 2017

pastels at stamps and stencils

Hello there! How are you? Another new challenge for you today - this time at stamps and stencils! The theme this month has been provided by Cec who has this to say...

Pastels - We have been treated to a riot of bright, warm colour since the spring bulbs made their appearance and continuing throughout summer and fall so let's go in the opposite direction and make a project with soft, pastel colours.  Don't forget to include some stamping or stenciling or both in your creation.

Here's what I have done!



In this piece I used a gelli background that I already had and added stencilling and stamping.


Here's the gelli background I used ....I created this using acrylic paints and a stencil from Clarity. I  thought this reminded me of the sea and the project developed from there...


I used another Clarity stencil and created these sea birds above the waves.


Finally I added a stamped image from Crafters Individuals coloured in distress inks - pastel shades of course!

I hope you can join us! You can get some inspiration from my teamies and link up here.

Hugs

Rachel xx


13 comments:

  1. Love this card Rachel, beautiful pastel colours and the stamp is perfect for it

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really liking the soft muted colours on the pieces of artwork Rachel.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  3. The background is beautiful and I love that ship image! Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is fabulous Rachel, love the gorgeous background.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your pastel colours Rachel and this wonderful card.

    Hugs Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. A fabulous card Rachel, a super image and lovely pastel colours.
    Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful background Rachel, and a beautiful nautical image, love your colours, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's gorgeous Rachel! The stencilling looks great and I love the stamp. Barbxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous background and brilliant stamp
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the exquisite vintage detail of that stamp - just perfect with the delicate pastel colour tones. Great Gelli background too!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful card Rachel, the background is fabulous and the whole design is really elegant. Sue C x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful card love the colours you've used here too Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Really pretty interpretation of the theme Rachel, love how it evolved from the background using the swirls and colours to go nautical. Love it! Hugs Ruth xx

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou so much for leaving a comment - it really does mean a lot to me! Hugs Rachel xx