My shining star

My shining star

Thursday 1 June 2017

Hearts at Countryview Challenges

Hello there! How are you? I do hope you are good! Its gone and arrived at June 1st already! I can barely believe it! Where is this year skipping away to? Before I know it its going to be Christmas! Yikes - sorry about the 'C' word.

So being the first of the month its time to start a new challenge at Countryviewchallenges - the theme this time is hearts - I love this theme and really enjoyed making this first piece. I hope you like it.


The stamp set I used is from Paperartsy eclectica-rubber-stamp-sheet-by-darcy-edy02. Such great stamps. I stamped the heart first and masked it and the top and bottom borders before repeat stamping with the cogs. Next I coloured the borders with distress oxides and painted the remainder of the image with more distress oxides.


I then added more cogs from prima finnabair collection. 

I hope you can join us! Link up and check out what my teamies have done here.

Big hugs

Rachel xx

15 comments:

  1. I just love that cog heart, the wonderful colours you chose and those extra cogs are a lovely finishing touch. Great sentiment too! Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good morning dear Rachel. Wow, I love this..the cogs work perfectly and the colours really stand out. Ab fab! Here we are in flaming June. Sending huge hugs to you and your girlies xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow this is gorgeous, love all the cogs and the cogs in the heart. Big Hug Marlene

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow this is gorgeous, love all the cogs and the cogs in the heart. Big Hug Marlene

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brilliant card Rachel, lovelycolours and images, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is beautiful Rachel, a great take on the challenge theme and lovely sentiment.
    Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful-love the heart and all the cogs
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely card!!! I love the heart with the cogs and your colours!!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is wonderful Jane, I love these vibrant colours xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love this ! The combination with the steampunk cogs and the vibrant colours is fabulous !
    Corrie x

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love using this set and you've used it perfectly! Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This has such a funky, retro vibe. Love it! So unique! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love this Rachel. The colours are so happy. Your card looks like a beautiful collage. Barbxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Unexpected combination of heart and cogs! Just the thing to shake up our preconceptions... Great card Rachel!

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou so much for leaving a comment - it really does mean a lot to me! Hugs Rachel xx