My shining star

My shining star

Monday 10 October 2016

Dirty weekend at IndigoBlu!!

Evening all! How are you? I hope you are doing well! Isn't it cold? Or is it just because my house has no heating! Typical!! At least we have hot water though and a log burner - so hey things could be much worse!!!

I wanted to share my makes with you from my Dirty Weekend at IndigoBlu - dirty in terms of paint, slap it on and Luscious!!! Lol! It was a hoot - we had such a good time!



Here I am with Diane and Lou showing off our makes from day 1. They were all stunning. Beautiful work from everyone. Here's a close up of my box.


I created this using the fabulous luscious powders - they really are fabulous - we used them in a few different ways at the workshop and I look forward to putting them to more use over the next few weeks.

Here's what we did on day two:


This took me way out of my comfort zone ... but I liked it by the end!


This is very much a work in progress - I have completed the cover but haven't done the insides as yet. This started out life as a prayer book... but will now act as a small art journal!!!

I had such a fabulous time and look forward to using the techniques I learned and applying them to other ideas that are bubbling under!!!

Big hugs

Rachel x







15 comments:

  1. Fabulous makes, Rachel! I love them all! The box has beautiful colours! Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, these are fantastic Rachel, your box at the top is beautiful and the colours gorgeous. Also love the prayer book make over and the abstract art. So glad you had a great weekend. Hope your heating is fixed soon.

    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous work Rachel, can you come and teach me please?! Looks like fun, especially love the second piece and I look forward to seeing what else you make xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh they all look super!! You lucky thing attending that workshop!

    I just know what you mean about temperature... I am just having my boiler replaced, no heating and hot water. Thank goodness we have an electric shower in our ensuite...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous makes Rachel, it sounds like you had a fabulous weekend.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely amazing work Rachel. Something to really treasure and it sounds as if you had lots of fun. Look forward to seeing what you come up with using the techniques you did. Hope you'll soon have the heating sorted. It really is getting cold now. Barbxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful work Rachel. Looks like you all had a fabulous time. Lots of new ideas and techniques to play with at home and two gorgeous boxes created too, I love the gold and blue shimmery one at the top.
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are all fabulous, loving the canvas. The box and book also look amazing!
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. What marvellous projects Rachel, you box is stunning. Sounds like a fabulous weekend crafting and learning new idea and techniques, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow Rachel, your makes are all gorgeous, so glad you had a great weekend - crafting with crafty friends is just the best! Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a way to have a 'dirty weekend' lol, love it and love the canvas.xx {aNNie}

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am so happy for you and this lovely weekend! What fun and amazing projects to boot. Hugs, Autumn

    ReplyDelete
  13. All fabulous makes love the colours and texture-the box is brillant and great art journal cover
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh Rachel, sorry, I felt sure I'd commented...Old age and senior moments I reckon!!! Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous. So glad you had a fabulous time. xxxx

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou so much for leaving a comment - it really does mean a lot to me! Hugs Rachel xx