My shining star

My shining star

Friday 9 October 2015

Tims tag oct

Hello lovelies!  Hope you have got that Friday feeling!!!! The good one I mean - not the tired one!!! I'm good and so are my girls - they had another exciting day yesterday kayaking out on Windermere. Sounds like they had lots of fun and i think Lucy will have finished a certificate in kayaking! Brilliant stuff. They do have a great school life! I had a lovely day too - I went for my swim - and I'm going again this morning!!! I was intending to go to the gym afterwards yesterday but it didn't quite work out that way. It was a good day though!

Today I have my take on Tims tag this month - Tims can be found here.

TAG-MAIN

Its a crazy scary tag this month - I've gone for using a different die cut - the beautiful wings. This is what I did. Its a bit of a homage to my Shaun.


I didn't use all the techniques from this months tag - I decided i wanted a painted background. I used distress paints in wilted violet, blueprint sketch, ground expresso - once dry I added a few stencil and stamp parts to the background. The wings were cut from card coloured with weathered wood, iced spruce and hickory smoke using a fabulous new die.


I added them to the stamped image of the chemist (shaun was a physicist).


I chose the words to reflect both Shauns battle at the end of his life - and also his general philosophy on life. He taught me so much about positivity and will always be the leading light in my life. I've been reading the hospital diary from this time last year and by jove he was such a tower of strength. Blimey!

Anyway, I would like to enter this into timholtz12-tags-of-2015-october.

Have a wonderful Friday!

Hugs

Rachel xx

21 comments:

  1. This is fabulous, love the background.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. A wonderful take on the original Rachel, good on you to adapt to what you wanted to do! Such a wonderful tribute to Shaun too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a beautiful and touching tribute to Shaun Rachel and how wonderful that he kept a diary, he must have been a truly remarkable man! Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Anne - it was me who kept the diary - they encouraged us to do it as soon as we reached the CTCCU at Wythenshawe - the idea was that Shaun would be able to read what had happened to him once he was back on his feet. Sadly he never read it - but its a source of comfort and wonder to me at present!!!

      Delete
  4. What a fantastic tag Rachel and such a touching tribute to Shaun too. Wish they did kayaking while I was at school, I was in my late 30's and a Scout leader when I took kayaking and passed the first level. I'm sure I would have done more if I had been younger. Hope you have a great weekend.

    Hugs Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those dimensional wings are spectacular, and shimmer so beautifully against the dark background - a wonderful tribute to Shaun who, from what you say, managed to keep his light shining even in the darkest times. Beautiful variation on the October tag.
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Rachel, fabulous tag, great design and a fitting tribute to Shaun, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good Afternoon Rachel, your Tags are gorgeous, love them. Big Hugs Marlene

    ReplyDelete
  8. A fabulous tag Rachel, a lovely tribute to Shaun.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this tag using some of the new TH colours, a great take on the original and a beautiful tribute too.
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  10. A fabulous tag Rachel. It is certainly a lovely tribute to Shaun.
    Mags
    x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just amazing tag Rachel! Glad you are able to find the positives in the struggle.

    ReplyDelete
  12. A fabulous tag and beautiful tribute love all the words
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a fabulous take on the tag Rachel, love what you've done. A lovely tribute to Shaun too and so nice to be able to read your diary from last year and see his strength shining through. Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Brilliant makes since I was last over Rachel. I couldn't comment on them all but chose this one as it clearly means a lot to you! It must be bittersweet reading your diary from lasy year! I'm sure Shaun is watchig over his girls!
    Hope the tree men came early & let you get a swim in!
    I'm just back from a cheeky little week away in Majorca!
    Hugs
    Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great take on Tim's tag and great homage to your husband. He must be so proud of you!

    ReplyDelete
  16. this is a gorgeous Tribute to Shaun, I am sure he will be watching over you all. Your tag is gorgeous I think you are very clever. I must try some different techniques. thinking of you and the girls. Big Hugs Marlene

    ReplyDelete
  17. this is a gorgeous Tribute to Shaun, I am sure he will be watching over you all. Your tag is gorgeous I think you are very clever. I must try some different techniques. thinking of you and the girls. Big Hugs Marlene

    ReplyDelete
  18. I can't read it all hun - your situations makes me cry. However, I know how proud he would be of you and your girls and I am sure he is watching over you and protecting you. You are one amazing and very talented lady and I am honoured to call you a friend, love what you have created here and I think a lot of others will love it and it will touch their hearts too. I hope to get mine finished this weekend so I can post next week, don't want to get caught out again. Big gentle hugs from this woman, you are strong darling, just believe it Karen xx

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou so much for leaving a comment - it really does mean a lot to me! Hugs Rachel xx