My shining star

My shining star

Wednesday 20 May 2015

First play with sheenas victorian florals and coffee pot make

Hello lovelies ....how are you today? I hope you are well and good - if not sending you gentle hugs xx. Its an okay day here weatherwise - a bit more wind and rain than I was expecting but better than Monday and Tuesday, I got a nice 5 and 1/2 mile run in this morning then after a bit of shopping and cleaning I  worked in the garden. We have a party at Rainbows this evening and then ts time for drama rehersal. The girls are in a greek play based on the wooden horse of troy. Its very funny and I'm hoping it goes down well! Then tonight I'm hoping to get into my attic to make my christmas card club makes for Sunday! We'll see how that all goes!

Today I would like to share with you my first make using sheenas victorian florals. For this one I used the anemone set of dies and stamps.


The sentiment stamp is an old one - also from sheena. I created the background using aquatints from spectrum noir.


I cut and embossed the flowers using coordinations card stock then overstamped in hydrangea archival ink using the stamps.

I think they work brilliantly and look forward to using them again soon.

Here's the card we made at coffeepot this week - it was an exercise in masking - the stamps are from hobby art. Not sure about the sentiment stamp though. All colouring was done by painting with distress inks.


So there we have it! I hope you enjoy the rest of your day and I look forward to reading any comments you choose to leave! Big hugs!

Rachel x



23 comments:

  1. Lovely projects Rachel, but I think your die cut and stamped anemones are really pretty. Love the sentiment that goes with that one too. Amazing run distance, well done ... think me running that far will only be in my dreams!!!!!! Enjoy the rest of your day.
    Hugs, Helen xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a busy day you seem to be having today and a run too. Great cards, I love the one using Sheena's new stamps and dies the sentiment is a great one. Also the other one and I like the sentiment on that one too. Hope rehersals go well tonight.

    Hugs Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Rachel, gosh what a busy day...makes me feel tired just reading it! Gorgeous cards, particularly the first one....just got my new Sheena kit, can't wait to play!! Take care dear lady. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful cards Rachel, the victorian florals are gorgeous and your coffee pot make is so pretty, lovely floral stamps.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both of these are beautiful Rachel, Sheena's new flower stamps and dies are just so gorgeous. I really love the flowers, masking and stamping on the second one too, a really beautiful flower, must have taken some time too - it's gorgeous Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous creations Rachel.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Two absolutely gorgeous cards, gorgeous colours and design. Big Hugs Marlene

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Rachel, two lovely cards today, but the top one is my fav, gorgeous colours and the sentiment is so lovely, hugs Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous makes Rachel, love the colours in the top one & the flowers are beautiful. Thanks so very much for the lovely card & gift you sent Rebecca.....I can't wait to get a go with that stamp lol.Hugs to you all
    Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are gorgeous Rachel, I love the flowers and both designs are so beautiful.
    hugs Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. A beautiful couple of cards Rachel, love the colours and flowers on the Sheena one. Sounds like you had a busy day, wish I had your energy sometimes.
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great use of those beautiful stamps Rachel, beautiful cards both of them! Sounds as if you had a good and busy day! Good luck to the girls for their play!

    Anne will bring you the folders, I gave them to her last night so they should be with you soonish :o)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Two gorgeous cards Rachel, the flowers are very pretty on both. Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Both are just beautiful but I love, love, love the purple!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Two beautiful cards Rachel, can't wait to get my stamps and dies from Sheena, love the sentiment on the sheena card

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Rachel, those flower stamps and dies from Sheena are beautiful and you have made such a wonderful card with them. Thanks again for your comment on my blog, as always it means so much.
    Dawn x

    ReplyDelete
  17. These are fabulous! I love these stamps and great designs. I will be playing with mine this weekend.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gorgeous Rachel, colours and designs are just beautiful.xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Lovely floral creations, Rachel the stamping and embossing are lovely and the distess ink painting looks great too. Vee xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Two gorgeous makes Rachel. Really love the first one. Sounds like you have had a busy day too.
    Mags
    x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Both great cards and masking-love the beautiful flowers and sentiment on the first
    carol -I have soaked three times today and cold with it !!!
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  22. Two lovely cards Rachel I have to say the first is my fave as I love the colours.
    Glad you're running is going well!
    Hugs
    Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou so much for leaving a comment - it really does mean a lot to me! Hugs Rachel xx