My shining star

My shining star

Friday 11 April 2014

a little bit french at a vintage journey

Hello lovelies - how are you today? Thanks for joining me on my crafty journey! I hope you enjoy your time here!

Today is the last day of school before the easter holidays for my little chublets - we've got plenty planned for next week - so I hope it should be a funtime for all!

I've got my first ever chunky ATC to share with you today - I was inspired by those done previously by my good friend Anne and also the challenge over on the A Vintage Journey Challenge blog this fortnight! I wonder what you'll make of it!


As soon as I saw the challenge I knew I wanted to attempt something like this - infact since I went to Port Sunlight and met the lovely Anne again and she gave me some feet - (featured on my chunky ATC) I've been looking for an excuse. Anyway with this in mind I spent a little time in Wickes and chose the knob for the top and got my lovely hubbie to saw some wood to size and fit the knob!!!


Then I set to work covering the whole thing with Tim papers then stamping the TH Moulin rouge stamp. I got this stamp quite by accident but since it fits the theme perfectly I am a very happy bunny. This stamp reminds me of a girls trip I organised to Paris in my younger days - it was only when we got to our hotel that we realised I had chosen an establishment close to the moulin rouge in an area with lots of ladies of the night!!!! My girlfriends never let me forget that one! It also brings me to the song that this piece reminds me of - Lady Marmalade!


On two of the sides I used a TH layering stencil and festive berries DI to add further pattern to the papers then used the description from Jennie - here - to make the shabby flowers. The pieces were diecut from TH papers. I also added a little bit of lattice work to either side.


Finally I added the rosette on the top and the feet on the base and the lace. 

I had such a lotl of fun making this piece and it is so different from my normal thing - I hope you like it as much as I do!!!

I'd like to enter my chunky ATC into the following challenges:

A vintage Journeyvintagejourney: A little bit french
Fussy and Fancyfussyandfancychallenge: Travel
Pan pastelpanpasteluk: Pretty shabby chic
rhedd and rosies:rheddandrosies AG
ourcreativecorner6-/with-song-in-your-heart (lady marmalade - I think thats what its called)

I hope you have enjoyed your visit today - thankyou for coming along and I hope to see you again soon! Big crafty Hugs!

Rachel xx

35 comments:

  1. Absolutely brilliant, I love it.
    I have looked at Anne & Jenny's wonderful ATC creations.
    From what I can see the Die is not suitable for then Die Cutting machines I have. Such a pity, this would be right up my street.
    Have great fun with the girls while they are on holiday

    Patricia x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. the dies I used on this are both sizzix grand dies - I always use them with a big shot - not sure if they can be used with the cuttlebug/grand calibur ... big hugs Rachel xx

      Delete
    2. sorry Patricia I meant to say Sizzix Bigz dies - apparently you can use the cuttlebug for them - I guess you have to mss out the base plate and use two f the thinner plates - worth a try if you can borrow one from somebody - I'm loving the framework dies and never stop using the tattered florals!!!

      Delete
  2. WOW Rachel !!

    hugs Diane xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rachel - I am totally gobsmacked! This is amazing .... and I love it!!!!!!! Have never heard of a chunky ATC before so will have a peek at the blogs you've mentioned! I too have "fond" memories in the Moulin Rouge area of Paris - our difficulties were with a restaurant that served up less than perfect food!!!!!!
    Enjoy the Easter hols with your girls! We're one week down already :o(
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well Rachel certainly a new one on me chunky atc, like what you have done with it

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is super Rachel, so different. The sizzix grand dies can be used in the cuttlebug (I use them in mine). Hope the weather stays good for next week with the girls home from school.

    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks sue - I thought you must be able to use them - just having a big shot I never bothered to find out xx

      Delete
  6. WOW! I can see you had a lot of fun making this Rachel. It looks wonderful. I love the design with such gorgeous detailing and beautiful colours.
    hugs Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Rachel, I am so pleased to see you using a chunky! I bet you get addicted to them too. Love that stamp set you have used on your very french creation and the latticework die is a perfect addition (the feet work perfectly too!). So pleased that you were inspired by Jennie and me too. Thanks so much for joining us this time at A Vintage Journey. Huge hugs, Anne xx

    PS - I did the same thing when we went to Sydney, Australia, it was certainly an eye opener being in the middle of the red light district!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful creation Rachel. X

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! That's clever and lovely, thanks for joining in Rhedd and Rosie's, good luck Hun, Zoe DT xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Amazing project! Thanks for joining in our Shabby Chic challenge at http://panpasteluk.blogspot.co.uk/
    Anjie

    ReplyDelete
  11. Incredible project Rachel, love all the elements to it and the images are fabulous, hugs Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOW this is incredible Rachel, I love the design and gorgeous elements.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is something totally different Rachel, I have never heard of chunky ATCs, they look so much fun :) Really love this piece of creativity Rachel
    Hugs
    Dawn x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, this is stunning Rachel. Totally different and now I know what a chunky ATC is.
    Mags
    x

    ReplyDelete
  15. LOVE this!
    Rachel, I hope this has pride of place in your home, it deserves it.
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a fab idea, it looks gorgeous :o) Hugs, Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow Rachel, quite an accomplishment, amazing creation!

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is fabulous Rachel, so many gorgeous details.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh Rachel, this is gorgeous. I love ♥ it. xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh Rachel, this is wonderful and what fantastic use of that Moulin Rouge stamp! The whole piece looks fantastic and will make a fab home decor piece! Wonderful and thanks so much for adding it to our challenge over at A Vintage Journey!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. My goodness...how very CREATIVE of you Rachel!!! What a lovely project you have here...it must have taken forever!!! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Fussy and Fancy "Travel" challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a fantastic project! Thanks for joining along with the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi Rachel.....How fab to meet up with Anne at Port Sunlight I bet it was a great day. Love your ATB and the decor is wonderful. Great use of the Moulin Rouge Stamp and the stencils. Like to purchase from Wickes too...great idea.
    Thank For joining us over at A Vintage Journey this fortnight
    Hugs Annie and have a wonderful Easter too x

    ReplyDelete
  24. I have never heard of chunky ATC's but it looks fantastic love the feet and flowers die
    carol x

    ReplyDelete
  25. Wow, this is amazing Rachel, adore it! Thanks for entering our shabby chic challenge at http://panpasteluk.blogspot.co.uk/ - good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  26. What a fab and unique project! Love it! Thank you for playing along at Rhedd and Rosie’s. Sammy-x

    ReplyDelete
  27. This is gorgeous Rachel! Love the patterns and stamps you used and the top looks so great. Thank you so much for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Hi Rachel wow you have certainly been busy this week!! Love your chunky ATC something I must confess I have never heard of! Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  29. Saw this at Rhedd & Rosie and I had to come and see what it was all about. I'm so glad I did! I love the stories in your post & what a lovely chunky ATC!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Very nice project. The style is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  31. It's terrific, Rachel - a brilliant chunky creation with so many fab details. Thanks so much for joining us on A Vintage Journey, and for sharing it at Our Creative Corner. Sadly we can't put it in the prize draw at OCC as the challenge requires that we see the song title and/or lyrics on the creation. Sorry!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou so much for leaving a comment - it really does mean a lot to me! Hugs Rachel xx