My shining star

My shining star

Thursday 13 March 2014

Monochrome birdhouse

Helloo there lovely people - how are you today? Well yesterdays sunshine has left me in good spirits - I hope it did the same to you! I had a beautiful run again yesterday - and in  the evening I had a crazy session at Rainbows - we're gearing up for our Scarecrow Festival entry again this year and the theme is Mardi Gras - so we were doing papier mache - what a mess!!!! Oh Well!!!!

Today I have my birdhouse to share with you that I made for the monochrome challenge at Crafters Companion. I've used stamps from Sheena Douglass in the decorating of this piece and the first overcoat after the gesso was some pebeo acrylic paint from Sheenas paint fusion range.


I've also used the new embossalicious script embossing folder here too.


The sheena flowers have been stamped onto paper I coloured with distress inks - milled lavendar, dusty concorde and seedless preserves - then cut out, layered up and buttons added to the centre.


On the back I added a sheena dragonfly that had already been made for a different project and then my mind had been changed so it lay on my desk.


I'd like to enter this into the Monochrome challenge this month over at crafterscompanion.
I've been meaning to tell you also - I know have a link with piinterest and I think if you like any of my pieces and want to pin them you can just hover over the picture and pin them to your boards. I think thats how it works anyway!

Hope you have a great Thursday. Thanks for dropping by!

Big Hugs to you.

Rachel xx

23 comments:

  1. Brilliant birdhouse Rachel, I love how you have decorated it, fantastic colours.
    Are you running in your "new" shoes???
    Have a great day

    Patricia xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes patricia - the new shoes feel like old friends already - which is good news - the last pair never did!

      Delete
  2. Loving this weather too. Fab birdhouse, gorgeous colours

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so beautiful Rachel. I love the pretty colours and gorgeous detailing.
    I hope you have another sunny day, it's glorious here at the moment!
    hugs Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Rachel what a fab birdhouse I love the pretty colour and all the detail. A bit miserable here at the moment but I think it is going to clear up. Susan xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Rachel, this is so pretty....love the colours & gorgeous flowers!
    hugs Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous birdhouse Rachel, it's one of those things I always plan to make but never quite get there.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Brilliant birdhouse Rachel, such gorgeous colours

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous birdhouse Rachel.
    Hugs
    Caz x

    ReplyDelete
  9. It is beautiful Rachel, I love how you created the tiled roof, it looks amazing. Very foggy here today... Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. O this is just fabulous love the cols xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fantastic work Rachel, I just love your projects like this. Wonderful colours and design, beautiful stamping too, have a good day, hugs Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a fantastic bird house, love how you have decorated it. Hazel xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fabulous bird house. Great color scheme and I love that big dragonfly.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Another lovely piece of altered art Rachel. You're so good at doing these, I just buy them with good intentions.

    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such a pretty birdhouse Rachel, love the colour and the Sheena flower stamps.
    Hugs Jennifer xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Absolutely fabulous... These funky flowers are amongst my fav from Sheena I love them Px

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is fabulous Rachel, loving the dragonfly and flowers. See you at Port Sunlight in a few weeks.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great altered project love the colour and images -I stopped going on pinterest as I lost complete track of time and never got anything else done lol
    carol x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Sweet little birdhouse Rachel!
    Dawn x

    ReplyDelete
  20. I don't believe it! I am working on a bird house blank right now lol! It's not quite finished but I'm hoping to finish it this weekend lol! You and I must be in sync creatively lol!
    Very cute, beautifully painted, gorgeously embellished too, what are we like lol! Thank you for the lovely comment about the CC win - I was over the moon when I found out, I let out when heck of a squeal! xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Fabulous project Rachel. Love the colours and all the detail. So loving this sunny weather at the moment, long may it continue.
    Mags
    x

    ReplyDelete
  22. This is fabulous Rachel, I love your pretty colour and gorgeous details.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou so much for leaving a comment - it really does mean a lot to me! Hugs Rachel xx