My shining star

My shining star

Thursday 27 February 2014

Tims tag february

Hi there! How are you? I'm happy because my run was a dry one yesterday - not too bad at all! And Rainbows was fun last night too - we were making carnival masks - they looked fab!

I have left this tag for as long as I dare - I was awaiting a parcel of new goodies from America - but now the goodies still haven't arrived and I daren't leave the tag any longer - or it won't get done! This is my version of tims february tag which is here

DSC08729

the details of the techniques used can be found here - I used the same techniques but had to adapt my products accordingly - I had ordered the Tim stamps and the twine and the stencil oh and the distress glitter- but they will all come in handy in the future!



I used the stains to first create the background - I used antique linen, spiced marmalade and wild honey - then I used the rays stencil with distress inks - worn lipstick, fired brick and barn door. I followed the chalkboard technique but couldn't use the stamp from Tim so I used a Crafty Individuals one I had. The heart and arrow were cut using a sizzix TH die. I versamarked the heart and added red glitter wow powders and heat set - I had ordered the distress glitter but again it didn't arrive!!! To make the bottom of the tag I used a crafty cutter die from Crafty sentiments and some metal foil tape from \Tim.

I'd like to enter this into the timholtz 12-tags-of-2014-february plus the sunday stamperpinkleart hearts challenge.

Big Hugs to you and thanks for dropping by!

Hugs

Rachel xx


21 comments:

  1. Fabulous tag Rachel and I love seeing the different adaptations people do to his tags, so I think its good you didn't have all the same things. Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is wonderful Rachel. Gorgeous colours and fabulous textures.
    hugs Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. It won't be a dry one today Rachel, absolutely throwing it down, Alex just came back from his drenched and he only did 10k.

    Great tag and like the sunray backing.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great colours Rachel, love the sunray you have created and the sentiment

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great improv on the Tim tag hun... Thanks for joining in with the Sunday Stamper x

    ReplyDelete
  6. this looks great , love the tag you have created x hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  7. A fabulous tag Rachel. Love the colours you have used and the sparkle. Hugs Jennifer xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great take on the TH tag Rachel, well done on accomplishing it without all the things you had ordered :)
    Hugs
    Dawn x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful tag Rachel. Hugs Rita xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your take on the tag, especially the rays in the background.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your 'adapt and overcome' take on Tim's tag Rachel, the colours are so rich and beautiful, especially the gorgeous heart and the sunray stencil is one of my favourites. Hugs, Anne x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh hun love this super design and love those hearts hugs cheryl xx

      Delete
  12. This is a fabulous tag Rachel, I love the chalkboard technique.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Brillant card and fabulous blend of media. Love the red!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great interpretation of the February tag Rachel, I intended to do these again but got behind already :o(
    I thinks i's good to try something that you wouldn't normally do.
    Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  15. A great tag, Rachel; really lovely, Vee xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely tag Rachel. Love the colours and the detail.
    Mags
    x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lovely take on the Feb tag - those words are perfect for the chalkboard technique.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou so much for leaving a comment - it really does mean a lot to me! Hugs Rachel xx