My shining star

My shining star

Thursday 2 January 2014

A gift using Little Claire stamps

Good morning lovelies - how are you today? I hope you are well and I'm happy to report my dad was well enough for us to visit yesterday. He's bruised and in pain but thankfully nothing is broken and his spirits are good at the moment - so thats a good thing!

Today I've got a candle and gift card to share with you that I made using this months stamps from Little Claire. The challenge over there this month is to make a gift so I decided to make a candle for a wedding.




I stamped the candle image on white tissue paper and then coloured it using my speccies. I then transferred the image to my candle using wax paper and a heat gun. The ribbon and tied knot were then added. The card was made using another stamp from this months club stamps and also some of the card you also get in the club pack. I chose the sentiment from a different stamp set.

I'd like to enter this into the following challenges:

mmcsmymumscraftshop: Love
ALBCpaulaholifieldcrafts: Celebrate
Little Clairelittleclairesdesigns: A gift

Thankyou for dropping by today and for any comments you choose to leave - I do love reading them! Big Hugs to you and here's hoping you have a happy Thursday!

big Hugs

Rachel xx

21 comments:

  1. Lovely set Rachel and I'm really impressed by your neat colouring on the tissue paper (can't manage that myself!). Happy New Year to you and yours!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a beautiful idea, a real keepsake for the recipient, beautiful stamp and coloured so well

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Rachel, sorry to hear about your dad, I must have missed one of your posts, so don't know what has happened to him, I hope he'll be fit again soon.

    Love your candle and card, they are beautiful stamps, not got around to mine yet.

    Have you any idea what's happened to CCAYR challenge? Have I missed some vital information, as you saw, I've posted my card, but no one else has, and there is nothing on Tracey's blog.
    Anyway, have a great day, hugs Kate X

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good news that your dad is ok, your card and candle are fab... This is a cute little stamp, Px

    ReplyDelete
  5. A totally delightful gift set Rachel, so nice how you have carried the stamping onto both candle and card.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  6. The stamp set is beautiful and you have made such a beautiful card and candle with them, I love them both. So pleased to hear the good news about your Dad, it must be such a relief for all of you. Hugs, Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are gorgeous Rachel. The images are so beautiful and I love the delicate colours.
    I am pleased that you were still able to visit your dad yesterday, I hope the pain eases soon for him.
    hugs Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good Morning Rachel. What a gorgeous set you have created. I'm sure it will be treasured. Enjoy your Day. Hugs Rita xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Rachel, I love these, such a pretty gift set. The image is lovely and I like the colours you have chosen. Pleased to hear your Dad is ok. Hugs Jennifer xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a gorgeous gift set.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your gift set Rachel, they're beautiful. Hope your Dad mends quickly. Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous work Rachel, the candle and card are perfect for a wedding gift xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is a gorgeous gift and matching card Rachel - perfect for a wedding.
    I'm so pleased to hear that your Dad was not seriously hurt.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous Rachel, love the candle it looks fabulous as does the card.

    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous candle and card Rachel. A lovely gift for someone. Glad to hear your Dad is okay.
    Mags
    x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely creations, the candle is too pretty to burn though!

    ReplyDelete
  17. These are gorgeous Rachel, I love your candle and the card. I did once a candle but it didn't come out as nice as yours. So happy to hear your dad is ok xxx

    ReplyDelete
  18. beautiful pair! nice to hear about your dad! have a nice day.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Glad to hear your dad was okay -love the images and the candle and card would be a perfect gift
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is such a sweet image and a great creation! Thanks for playing at MMCS! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  21. so pretty, and delicate...
    Thanks for joining us at My Mum's Craft Shop Challenge this time,.Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou so much for leaving a comment - it really does mean a lot to me! Hugs Rachel xx