My shining star

My shining star

Sunday 1 December 2013

Merry Christmas at Imagination Crafts

Hello again! Second post of the day and its only 8 am! Imagination-crafts  are starting their new challenge today and you can check out all the inspiration from the other DT members here. Before I show you my piece just wanted to let you know about the design-team-call that went out yesterday - why not have a go? Its a great DT to be part of!!! I'll certainly be re-applying myself!

Here's what I made for the post today. A plaque and card both using the stamp set called Christmas holly that you can get here - and the stencil called holly swirls that you can get here.







So first of all the MDF plaque is part of a set that you can buy from Imagination Crafts  (here) - to make this I first gesso-ed the frame then covered it with metallic gold ink from an ink pad before applying the stencil - I mixed some green acrylic paint with sparkle medium and applied this through the mask. once dry I went over the berries in red acrylic paint. The christmas tree came as part of the set and I painted it with green acrylic paint and when dry added the stamped image using versa and heat set using gold wow powder.

The card was made using mica powders from Imagination Crafts. I used versa through the mask then the powders and again added the red this time using a promarker. Then I stamped the image on another piece of card using versa and dusted with mica powders. I stamped the holly tree image using memento ink and then coloured in promarkers and added the gems, fussy cut and added to the image.

I hope you like my 'set'. And that you will join us in the challenge - please remember that only those entries using IC products will qualify for the chance of the prize of £40 to spend in store!

I'd like to enter the following challenges:
2 sisters2sisterschallengeblog: AG
Simon says Stampsimonsaysstampblog: AG
Lexislexiscreations: Christmas
Craftyhazelnuts christmas challenge: craftyhazelnutschristmaschallenge2December extra

Hugs

Rachel xx

22 comments:

  1. Wow Rachel both of these are gorgeous, love the stencil and the tree

    ReplyDelete
  2. A fabulous set Rachel, both pieces are just gorgeous!! Great makes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Totally gorgeous love the designs and the colours
    Hugs Kate xx
    ps I have candy if you are interested :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are fabulous Rachel. Thank you for being part of the design team.

    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are gorgeous Rachel. The colours and sparkle look wonderful
    hugs Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Two beautiful projects here Rachel I love them both. I also love the card in your last post. Seems like your a busy girl today as I have just seen you other project on the Pan Pastel blog. And I know I'll be back later LOL.

    Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful creations and fabulous colors and coloring!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love them both Rachel, they're beautiful. I love the colours on the card and the way you have stamped on the tree with gold embossing powder. Hugs Jennifer xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. very fabulous and beautiful!

    hugs and kisses from germany,
    silvi (GD this week on lexi's creations challenge)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi sweetie, these are just stunning, hugs Pops x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous work, absolutely stunning inking and stencilling xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. fantastic set Rachel, love it
    hugs
    céline

    ReplyDelete
  13. Both beautiful but love the design of the plaque good luck with the DT call
    carol x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Two gorgeous projects Rachel.
    Mags
    x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Absolutely gorgeous Rachel, love them both, hugs Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is a fabulous set Rachel, I love the holly stencil.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Another lovely entry for CHNC challenge extra for December, Rachel. x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Just trying to catch up Rachel! Fabulous plaque and card Rachel! Love that tree and the holly stencil! Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  19. These are both gorgeous! Love all the bling on the holly tree.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Rachel, just popped back to say TFS at Lexis, gorgeous projects and good luck, Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Gorgeous projects Rachel, thanks for sharing at Lexis
    Hugs Julie x

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou so much for leaving a comment - it really does mean a lot to me! Hugs Rachel xx