My shining star

My shining star

Saturday 23 November 2013

two more for the Christmas pile

Good morning lovelies! How are you all? Well where did that week go? Its amazing quite how fast time is moving - and it only seems to be getting faster! Somebody step on the brake pedal - it needs to all slow down!

Well our 'builder' didn't come yesterday - he's supposed to be coming today along with an electrician and then, hopefully, everyhting will be complete and we'll have a working condensation unit and no damp! Fingers crossed.

I've got two cards to share with you today - I'm not over fond of either of them - they've got some nice features but you knw sometimes you feel that things just don't work - well these are two for me - but my blog is warts and all I'm afraid!!!





The first one uses a stamp from Chloes - I just adore this stamp - but think I need to put a sentiment in the centre - will try that one soon. I've used spakling white Wow embossing powders and heat set then added gems. The sentiment is also a chloe one.

I'd like to enter this into the following challenges:

WOW powderswowembossingpowder: Christmas/winter





The second card uses an image from the Makey Bakey mice at Crafters Companion - this time I think the background paper is just too busy! I've coloured with promarkers and added trees cut using a die'sire die.
I'd like to enter this one into the Crafters Companion Challenge which is christmaswinter this month.

Hope you have a great Saturday - we're off to Preston later to pick up my mil from the bus station - she's coming for just over a week - the girls are super excited - they just love it when nana comes to stay!

See you tomorrow - for my tims tag!

Big Hugs

Rachel xx

21 comments:

  1. Hi Rachel two wonderful cards, love the wreath one its really effective! Hope you get your unit sorted today! Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your cards are gorgeous Rachel. The white embossed wreath on the black background looks wonderful and I love the cute image on your second card.
    I hope you have a fabulous weekend and enjoy your time with your mil.
    hugs Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful cards today Rachel, especially love the wreath. Flippin builders you don't know where you are with them. Hope Lucy enjoyed the museum yesterday

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Rachel I love the wreath card, it is stunning and the image is so...cute on the second, a cheery Christmas card. Hope your builders are here today and you get your job done. Have a lovely weekend. Hugs Jennifer xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Two gorgeous cards Rachel, I love the top one with the sparkle embossing. There's nothing worse than when the builders don't turn up, hope they do today.

    Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Rachel. Love your cards, especially the first one.....Let me know if you fancy sending cards? Have a good weekend and hope MIL enjoys her visit. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are so pretty. Especially like the second one with all the sparkle.

    ReplyDelete
  8. They are both fab Rachel, but I know what you mean - when you feel it's not quite right it doesn't matter what other peeps say about them, lol, I know that from experience. I love the stamp on the first - so gorgeous and sparkly too xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think both cards are beautiful Rachel, the wreath on the first is gorgeous and the image on the second is so cute. I think you have balanced the busy-ness of the background paper with those lovely trees. Hope the builders turned up! Hugs, Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think you are being too hard on yourself! The wreath is so pretty! Hugs trace x

    ReplyDelete
  11. They're lovely cards Rachel, the wreath stamp is stunning! Hugs, Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  12. These are gorgeous Rachel, I do love the first one it is fabulous.

    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Two fabulous cards, I LOVE the sparkle of the first - stunning! Hugs Bev x

    ReplyDelete
  14. wow fantastic cards Rachel !
    hugs
    céline

    ReplyDelete
  15. I think the wreath card is perfect as is, so very elegant! The second card is just cute, love the image

    ReplyDelete
  16. Super cute cards!! The wreath is so elegant and the Makey Bakey card is just adorable! Thanks for joining us at Crafter's Companion this month!

    ReplyDelete
  17. These are both gorgeous Rachel, I love the white embossing on the dark background and the brightly coloured image on the second one.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Both beautiful but the first one is my favourite love the image and looks beautiful embossed
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Two lovely cards Rachel but I think the first one has to be my favourite. Hope you get your unit sorted.
    Mags
    x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love those sweet little mice ... the glittery touch is perfect ... so glad you joined us at Crafter's Companion.

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou so much for leaving a comment - it really does mean a lot to me! Hugs Rachel xx