My shining star

My shining star

Friday 31 May 2013

Stitched up by the cat

Morning all! Well how are you today? Hope you are well. I'm starting to catch up after a few days away although today is going to be a mad baking day. The girls are booked in to the village nursery today who run a holiday club so when I drop them off I've got to take the cat to the vets to get her stitches out - hopefully. She'll be so happy - we heard from the vet yesterday that the tumour they took off her face was benign so thats all good.  Hopefully then she'll be able to get back to the outside world - here's hoping.

Once I get her home its off to the shops then I've got to spend the day baking cakes - I've got a fundraiser on Saturday morning for Asthma UK. My friend Megan and I are running a coffee morning to raise funds - I'm taking some cards along to sell and also I'm hoping to get a few more sponsors for my great North run for Asthma UK. Most of the money though will go directly to the charity - it keeps the pressure on me to raise more I know but this is Megans morning really - I'm just helping out!

Anyway - onto todays offering - I fell in love with this lindsaymason stamp set when I first saw it and have been waiting for the chance to use it. The day that Missy has her stitches out seems appropriate to me - so here's my tag:



My tag is a size 8 manilla and I've stamped with versa mark using a fluorish stamp then covered in blue wow embossing powder and heat set. Then I wanted a little play with my frantage - so I just dabbed the corners with my versamark then added the frantage - and again heat set - I think it will look much better the next time I use it - just a bit of a dabble here. Anyway - then I set about the tag with DI. I used wild honey, spiced marmalade and fired brick. The image was stamped in momento black and then coloured with promarkers and fussy cut and added to the tag. The sentiment was similarly stamped and then coloured with wild honey and spiced marmalade DI. Finally I added the ribbon.

I'd like to enter this tag for the Sunday stamper pinkleart where there is a fabby prize on offer this week and the theme is embossing powders - some like it hot!!!.

Back tomorrow with two posts! Both Christmassy! Hope to see you then and thanks for visiting today!

Big Crafty Hugs

Rachel xx



12 comments:

  1. A fab tag Rachel love that quirky image! Good luck with your fundraiser! Susanx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lindsay's stamps are so much fun and I love what you did with this one, love the sentiment, so appropriate for today too! Hope you get lots of support on Saturday, it is a great cause. Hugs, Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliant tag Rachel, love the colours used. Have a good all but busy day

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good morning sweetie this is just gorgeous huggles Pops x x x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super fun tag Rachel. Good luck with the fundraiser, and the race when you do it. Good news about the cat.

    Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is fabulous Rachel, the colours look wonderful.
    Pleased to hear about your cat. Hopefully the stitches will be removed today and she can get back outside,
    Have fun with your baking and I hope the fundraiser event goes well tomorrow
    hugs Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fab tag! Love the sentiment! Glad to hear puss is feeling better... Thanks for joining in with the Sunday Stamper x

    ReplyDelete
  8. fun tag and what a great image! The color of the background is outstanding and I love the flourishes!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous tag Rachel, love your colours and image.
    Sounds as if you had a very busy day.
    good news about Mischief, hope he's back to normal soon, kate x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great tag Rachel. Gosh , your going to be busy. Hope your coffee morning is a big success too. Hugs Rita xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is fabulous Rachel, I love the vibrant colours.
    I hope all went well at the vets.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  12. brilliant love the colour and flourishes and love the fantastic quirky image -good news about Mischief
    carol x

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou so much for leaving a comment - it really does mean a lot to me! Hugs Rachel xx