My shining star

My shining star

Wednesday 1 May 2013

Gingerbread at CCAYR - with three buttons and ribbon!

Hello there! Second post for today - being the 1st of the month its time for all of those fabulous monthly challenges to come up with a new idea - and this time christmascardsallyearround is doing the May challenge on Gingerbread - but I think there also has to be ribbon and three buttons included in your design!
Here's what I did:


The image is one from Fairy Dust studios - I was lucky to win a while back at Lexi's and this is one of the images I chose as I knew this challenge was coming up. I've coloured the image in promarkers and distressed around the edges with faded jeans DI, cut with a spellbinders die and mounted onto my card backed with LOTV Christmas Paper. The buttons and bow were then added as was the snowflake charm and the image was glittered.

I'd like to enter this card into the following challenges:
CHNC:craftyhazelnutschristmaschallenge Ribbon and Bows
CHNC2craftyhazelnutschristmaschallenge2: May challenge: AG
Bearly Minebearlymine-challenges: AG
LEJlejdesignschallengeblog: AG
ATSaddicted-to-stamps-challenge: Beautiful buttons
DTC:digitaltuesdaychallenge Distressing

Thanks for dropping by and I hope to see you again soon!

Big Hugs

Rachel xx

19 comments:

  1. Lucy loves gingerbread men ...she would lve this!! Hugs trace. X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh don't they look happy gingerbread men!, great card, love your design.

    Thanks Rachel for telling me about the scarecrow festival, it does sound great fun and a super day out.
    Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card.lovely design and colours.xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card Rachel, love the gingerbread men

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card Rachel, I love your fun image.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. The gingerbread men look so happy and appear to be having lots of fun, it really made me smile. Love this card. Hugs, Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  7. So cute and Anne is right they look like they're having fun but I want to eat them - love gingerbread I do lol! Gorgeous card, lovely colours and perfect for Xmas Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  8. A brilliant card Rachel, love the gingerbread men ( also love them to eat!!!)
    Janet xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the gingerbread men Rachel, such a fun card.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is such a fun card Rachel, love your gingerbread men. Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a fun card and image. Sorry I've been MIA but you've been busy while I've been gone. Lots of wonderful projects. Really like the rain one - so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a fun card for Christmas time!

    ReplyDelete
  13. wonderful card, thanks for sharing your fab creation with us at
    BEARLY-MINE x carol

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hehe oh how cute is this, I love the fun image, the shape is gorgeous and the bow and buttons look fab
    Lindsay xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the jolly gingerbread men - gorgeous card - thanks for entering both of my CHNC challenges - hope to see you again soon. x

    ReplyDelete
  16. oh i love the ginger men!!! so glad you linked up with CHNC Extra this month
    Rose GD

    ReplyDelete
  17. Totally fabulous!
    Thanks for joining us at this week at Bearly Mine Challenges!
    Nela xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love your playful Gingerbread boys! Adorable card!
    ~sandy
    visit my blog @ sandy's crafty creations

    ReplyDelete
  19. Fun image.. Great shape of the card.. And I love the frame... So Beautiful!!!. and Cute buttons too! :o)
    Thank you for joining us at Addicted To Stamps Challenge Hugs Solveig (Sol)

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou so much for leaving a comment - it really does mean a lot to me! Hugs Rachel xx