My shining star

My shining star

Friday 3 May 2013

A clockwork Heart

Morning all and how are you? Did you have that gorgeous weather we had yesterday? It was stunning here - long may it continue although with a bank holiday on the horizon I suspect it won't!!!!

I've been messing around with inks and a heart chipboard piece tonight - this is what I've come up with:




So I started with a chipboard heart and coloured it with weathered wood DI. Then I added various shades of blue DI and spritzed and flicked. then I added some rock candy clear crackle and left it to dry. Once dry I applied torn book print and more DI, stamped the TH Love hear and added the cogs and flowers made from the spellbinder blossom die. The cogs are wooden (crafty emblies) and metallic (docrafts). Finally I added the cherish and the key and the hand dyed ribbon.

I've done this piece for a few challenges:
Sunday Stamperpinkleart: Blue
Allsorts CBallsortschallenge: ABAC
CYPCcraftyourpassionchallenges: Use bookprint
Our Creative Cornerourcreativecorner: AG
Crafting for all seasonscraftingforallseasons: Monochromatic
Pin and Tackpinandtack: AG
paper-craftingjourney: AG

My car is going in for its MOT today - and I've got gardening club at lunch time too. Should be good but I hope the weather holds! Have yourself a lovely day and thanks for dropping by! Big Crafty Hugs Rachel xx

21 comments:

  1. This is beautiful Rachel, I love the colours you've used, and the wooden cogs.

    Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morning sweetie, this is just gorgeous, have a great weekend hugs Pops x x x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous Rachel, love the colours

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fab, I love blue andi lve hearts and cogs...so this is fab ...a really gorgeous flower too! Hugs trace x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Rachel, nope, its cold and raining here,Brrrrrr.
    Gorgeous heart, wonderful design and I love all the details. make a lovely gift, kate x

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is gorgeous Rachel, fabulous background and I just love your blues.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is stunning Rachel. I really love the different shades of blue and wonderful detailing you have added.
    I hope your weather stays fine, it's lovely here at the moment
    hugs Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. loving your creation, cogs and flowers = my faves! Thanks for joining in with the Sunday Stamper x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very pretty and the blue flowers are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely project. Love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is a great heart. I like the bleu colour.
    Thanks for joining us at Craft your Passion.
    xxx Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Rachel, I love your heart, that flower is just stunning and the cogs look wonderful. Gorgeous colours. Woohoo - thank you for joining in on Our Creative Corner. Big hugs, Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love it - in one of my favourite colours and such a pretty plaque - would be a great anniversary or wedding gift for someone. Hope you have a great weekend Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, this is gorgeous. Its been 6 degrees and pouring rain here in Inverness for the last few days, glad it's better with you xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. What an amazing project Rachel! Hope the car past!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the colour combination - blue and brown is one of my favourites - and the gears look great. Thanks so much for playing along with us at Our Creative Corner!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wonderful mix of embellishments alongside the vivid blue - such a cute arrangement. Thanks for sharing this with us at Our Creative Corner Love from Laura xxx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Such a beautifully altered heart. Thanks for joining us at Our Creative Corner this time, hugs Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love that blue in blue heart!
    Thank you for sharing this with us at OurCreativeCorner!

    Claudia x

    ReplyDelete


  20. This is beautiful thanks for playing with us at PCJ this time
    Jacki xx(PCJ DT)
    http://scullduggery-cardsbyjacki.blogspot.co.uk/
    http://punkyougirl.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  21. It's gorgeous Rachel. Thanks for going monochromatic at CFAS. Carol DT x

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou so much for leaving a comment - it really does mean a lot to me! Hugs Rachel xx