My shining star

My shining star

Monday 5 November 2012

scrapbook layout for SALS and card for scrapbook stamp society

Good morning - and a very happy November 5th to all in blogland. I suspect many of you have already been to bonfires on the weekend - hope you had fun! We're off to one tonight in our village - and the kids are going to be back at school today too so I guess its going to be a busy old day!

I've got two things to share with you today - first of all the second 'just for fun' scrapbook layout over at seems a little sketchy - there weren't too many entries last time so I'm not sure how long they'll keep this going for - but I hope a few more of you enter this time around then it might go on for a bit longer!!!!

Here's the layout:




and here's my take on it - its at East Links Farm Park up on the Edinburgh Coast line from our holiday in late May -




The girls could hardly turn the peddles on these go -karts but they had fun trying!

Next its a card using an image from the scrapbook stamp society by Heather Valentin called Eleanor Autumn Harvest. You can get it here.



I've coloured the image with promarkers - I followed a sketch from the Friday sketch challenge - only I used rectangles instead of circles! I've used coordinations chocolate card that I've embossed using the leaf embossing folder from Sheena Douglass. I've sanded the brown ones to reveal the blue below. The large leaf is from crafty emblies and the flower was made using the tattered floral dies from sizzix.

I'd like to enter my card into the following challenges:

fridaysketchchallenge - shirley's sketch
deliciousdoodleschallenge: Embossing
craftpunked: Fall
craftycatzweeklychallenge add texture
fatpageswithattitude: Add a sentiment
pixieduststudiopixiechallenge Leaves
Emma's craftyChallengeemmascardsuk.com: brown and blue
totallygorjuss Anything goes with a button.
cardmaniachallenges: embossing

Thanks for looking and I hope you'll leave me a comment - it really makes my day when you leave me some words of wisdom! Hope to see you again soon! Crafty Hugs Rachel xx

29 comments:

  1. Morning Rachel love both layouts the pictures are fabulous. I will have to give scrapbooking a go as I have got alot of photo's stuck on the computer seems so sad. Caroline xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic projects, must get back into scrapping, I've got so many photos I want to use. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card Rachel and lovely scrapbooking really will have to get mine up to date

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Rachel.
    I love your page with those gorgeous photos and fabulous detailing.
    Your card is brilliant, such a great image and the embossing looks wonderful

    Hugs Sue

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the scrapbook pages must try and find time to get back in to scrapbooking. The girls look like they are having great fun.
    Kaz.xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely projects Rachel, thank you for playing along with us at Emma's Crafty Challenge, good luck hun xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Rachel you can join dip in and out when you want Ginny x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great projects..love the earthy colours in the card!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Rachel, your scrapbook page is a delight with your gorgeous little girls. Love the card too, the image is so cute with her oversized glasses, love it. Crafty hugs, Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Two fab creations Rachel, I love the colours on your layout and the fab leaf embellishments on your card.
    Enjoy your fireworks tonight.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your card is beautiful! Thanks for sharing with us at Card Mania Challenges! Ani

    ReplyDelete
  12. Super cute card and I love your layout - so pretty :o) Hugs, Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous projects Rachel.Thank for sharing with us at Emmas Crafty Challenge.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great project, thanks for joining us at Craft Punked this week!

    ReplyDelete
  15. blimey you have been busy love the layout and the photographs and a great card too
    Hugs Kate xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Super card Rachel, I like the embossed background. Thanks for joining us this fortnight at Friday Sketch Challenge.
    Happy Crafting
    Carole xxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. love the layouts and great card and love the image also love the embossed leaves
    carol x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Such gorgeous projects Rachel
    Hugs Teresa xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Fab card Rachel and love the scrapbook layout too.

    Hope you all enjoyed the firework display. We enjoyed the one here.

    Shona xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Adorable page and layout! Love the red and white checked. The card is a real cutie, love the adorable image and great coloring!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Lovely card Sweetie, thank you for joining us in Emmas crafty challenge x

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love the leaf embossed on your background papers. Fabulous card.

    Thanks for joining us for our embossing challenge this week.

    Cheers,
    Kasey ~ in Oz
    Delicious Doodles DT

    ReplyDelete
  23. I Like embossing folder and the pretty flowers.Thanks for joining us at Card Mania Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  24. great card hun, love the image :) Thanks for joining us at Crafty Catz :) x

    ReplyDelete
  25. Your project is absolutely stunning. Love the buttons. Thanks for joining in the fun at Totally Gorjuss this week. hugs Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  26. Lovely card, the image is really cute, just love those glasses. Thanks for joining us at Friday Sketch Challenge. Shirley xx

    ReplyDelete
  27. BEAUTIFUL card very well thoughtout beautiful colours ..Thank you for playing along at Card Mania Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  28. What a lovely card. I like the colors you have used and that image is gorgeous. Also love the CAS style design like Plastic cards which make the card POP. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou so much for leaving a comment - it really does mean a lot to me! Hugs Rachel xx