My shining star

My shining star

Friday 16 November 2012

Buttons and Bows at the scrapbook stamp society

Good morning lovelies! At some point today there will be a new challenge starting over at the Scrapbook Stamp Society. The challenge this fortnight is 'buttons and bows'. I believe you should use a Scrapbook stamp society one image! There are even some freebies you could use so check it out http://addicted-to-stamps.blogspot.co.uk/p/freebies.html

I've made a card using an image by Mitzi Sato Wiuff. Its called girl flower butterfly and is available here:



I think its a stunning image and I've chosen autumn colours to reflect the time of year! I've coloured the image using promarkers and added flowers, buttons and lace from my stash. The sentiment reflects the intention to send this card to a lady in the village who did most of the organisation for the Halloween party that we put on during half term.Behind the image I have used an embossing folder and sanded back to reveal the core colour of the card.

I'd like to enter my thankyou card into the following challenges:

craftingforallseasons: Thanks
simonsaysstampschallenge: Thanks
digistamps4joy-sa: Thanks
thesisterhoodofcrafters:thanks
digitaltuesdaychallenge: thankflness
tuesdaythrowdown: Thankyou for you
lexiscreations: thanks
PIOpileitonchallenge: thanks
OSAATonestitchatatimechallenge: thanks
disdigidesignschallenge: autumn colours
scrapbookstampsocietychallengeblog: buttons and bows.
pixieduststudiopixiechallenge: Thanks

wow - that's a long list of challenges! I will be back tomorrow with something for the sunday stampers - it will be scheduled though as I'm off on a guiding trip this weekend with my two little chipmunks - we're heading for the cheese factory at Hawes - can't wait! And we've got on night in a timber lodge with 37 others! Should be interesting!

Hope you have a good Friday and I'll see you soon - thanks for popping by! Hugs rachel xx

27 comments:

  1. WOW Rachel this is stunning I love that image and you have coloured her beautifully. The layout and colours you have used are gorgeous. Caroline xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card Rachel :-) such a lovely image and the colours and details are FAB ! I am sure she will LOVE this :-)

    thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Challenge :-)
    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just wow Rachel !! Isin't that image fantastic !!

    hugs Diane xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really gorgeous card Rachel, the image is fantastic

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card Rachel. Love the image, layout and fabulous details.
    Hugs
    Caz x

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is gorgeous Rachel. I love the image and the colours are so beautiful.
    I hope you have a wonderful weekend, sounds like fun!

    Hugs Sue

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card and a fantastic image.

    ReplyDelete
  8. you are certainly game Rachel - 37 others and a cheese factory lol!!!
    Love your card. Beautiful colours and the image is stunning! Have fun at the weekend xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just gorgeous Rachel and I'm sure the recipient will be touched with your kindness and creativity!
    Thanks so much for joining us at The Sisterhood ‘THANKFUL’ challenge and please come back again soon!
    Darlene
    one of the 'Sistahs'
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

    ReplyDelete
  10. what a gorgeous card, love all the elements
    Hugs Kate xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey sweetie this is just amazing, huggles Pops x x x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Rachel......wow, gorgeous card, fab image & my fav colours....love it! Hope you have a great weekend.....sounds like you got a fun time ahead!
    Hugs Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is gorgeous!

    Thanks for joining us at One Stitch at a Time this week, and good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is gorgeous Rachel,love the colours. Sorry I haven't been around recently I have been feeling awful this week with cold and a funny tummy, I just seem to be getting one thing after another at the minute. Marlene

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous!!!I love your coloring!! Awesome card!!! Thanks for playing along with us at One Stitch At A Time!! Good Luck!! I hope to see you again next week!!!

    - Susan, DT @ OSAAT

    ReplyDelete
  16. stunning card Rachel.
    Thanks for join us at Digistamps4Joy.

    Greetings karin DT member

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is beautiful Rachel, gorgeous image and lovely autumnal colours. I hope you have a great weekend - sounds like you might be a bit tired when you get home!
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Just beautiful autumnal colours Rachel, love it.
    Thank you for entering the Challenge at Digistamps4 Joy.
    Jackie DT member

    ReplyDelete
  19. How fab! Love the image, colours and embellishments. Thank you for joining us at OSAAT this week. Good luck. Hugs, Jill x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Gorgeous card :)
    Thank you so much for joining Di's Digi Challenge & Good Luck!
    Hugs
    Tracey
    x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Lovely card. Thanks for joining us at CFAS this time. Carol DT x

    ReplyDelete
  22. Beautiful card, digistamp and great coloring!
    Thank you for entering our challenge over at OSAAT
    Good luck in the draw! – Hope to see you again next week!

    Hugs
    Eva`s Scraproom
    DT Member at OSAAT Challenge blog

    ReplyDelete
  23. This is very pretty! I love that butterfly charm! Thanks so much for playing along with us over at the Simon Says Stamp Challenge Blog!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wow Rachel ... this is a stunning card! I LOVE the image and you've coloured her brilliantly! Gorgeous embellishments too.
    With my DT "hat" on, hanks for sharing your card at Lexi's Creations this time in our "Thanks/Thanksgiving" challenge.
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  25. Oh My goodness this is so beautiful well done
    What a fantastic card .
    Thank you for joining us this time for our Thank You Challenge at Crafting for all Seasons .
    Good Luck Hugs Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  26. That image is so artistic, beautiful work... thanks for joining us at Simon Says Challenge blog

    ReplyDelete
  27. Gorgeous autumn colours on your card! Thanks for joining us at Di's Digi Designs Challenge, Shelly x

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou so much for leaving a comment - it really does mean a lot to me! Hugs Rachel xx