My shining star

My shining star

Friday 20 April 2012

Spring butterfly

Morning all - now I have to be quick - I was expecting rain and the sun is shining - my peas, sweetpeas and cabbages really need to be getting out into the garden so I must make this a short one - who knows how long the sunshine will last? If its not too long - or if the work tires me out (LOL!!!) I'll be back with a tag later. But for now - I was lucky enough to win three stamps from crafty sentiment designs when they released them last week - and here is the first card I've made using them - thankyou all at crafty sentiments designs - they are beautiful and I'm sure will get used over and over again!

Isn't she just beautiful? I've coloured her using promarkers and used backing paper from docrafts capsule collection (pink). I've also punched a sheet of mirri board using an all over the page Martha stewart punch. There's ribbon and lace on there and pearls too - tiny ones in the top right hand corner. I've mounted her onto a square doily - thanks Teresa - and added a marianne designs butterfly. I'm pleased overall with this card - I think its pretty! Oh yes - and I followed Dawny's sketch from over at simon says stamp this week.

Challenges I'd like to enter:
Crafty Sentiments Designs: Spring Creations
http://craftysentimentsmonthly.blogspot.co.uk/
Passion for promarkers: pink, lace and pearls
http://promarkerchallenge.blogspot.co.uk/2012/04/week-145-theme.html
Joanna Sheen: Someone special
http://joannasheenchallenge.blogspot.co.uk/2012/04/someone-special.html
Simon says stamp: Dawny's sketch.
http://simonsaysstampschallenge.blogspot.co.uk/2012/04/simon-says-follow-dawnys-sketch.html

Must got out and tackle the garden now - will probably be back later with a tag - whatever the weather!

Have a lovely Friday and thanks for sharing a few moments with me!

Hugs

Rachel xx

11 comments:

  1. Congrats on your win of the stamps,the card is beautiful,love the image and papers and what a gorgeous butterfly :)
    Hugzz Val xx
    PS dont work too hard in your garden!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Delightful card, such a pretty image! Lovely to have you join in with the Joanna Sheen challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card and great image!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This stamp is sooo cute. Your design is fantastic.
    Thanks for joining us at CSD
    xoxo Clarissa

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a pretty card, great LO. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a gorgeous card. Love the image you've used and the details also. Thanks for joining us this week at PFP. Hugs Michele x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous spring card Rachel, fabulous colouring and beautiful butterfly...

    Thanks for joining in with us at Crafty Sentiments Designs monthly challenge..

    Luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Rachel, what a gorgeous card. I love the cute image and your details are so pretty. Thanks for joining us at PFP this week. Hugs, Denise x

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so cute Rachel! :) Gorgeous dies and sweet image and colouring too.

    Thanks so much for joining us this time at the Joanna Sheen challenge, and good luck!

    hugs

    xxalisonxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Rachel:)

    I really love your card in pink with lace and pearls. The image used is so cute and your coloring is fab!
    Thanks for joining our challenge at pfp:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous card Rachel, so sweet and pretty, I love that gorgeous butterfly.
    I hope you managed to get your plants in, that's is what I must do today while we have a glimpse of sunshine :)
    Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp
    hugs Mandy xx

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou so much for leaving a comment - it really does mean a lot to me! Hugs Rachel xx