My shining star

My shining star

Monday 23 April 2012

Pan pastel play time

Morning all! Hope you're all well and happy! I feel good after having had a good aerobics class followed by a very short run - and now its time to tell you about what I made last night. I finally got the time to have a play with my panpastel starter kit that I won from the challenge blog. I must say - I'm well impressed with it - it was so easy to go on - and I think the result is pretty striking!.

It was a very quick and easy card to make - I started with grunge paper - but I'm sure any card would have been fine, then I used a sponge to apply the red panpastel to the card, then the yellow and belnded it to make orange and finally added more yellow as the bottom part. Then I stamped straight onto it using archival black ink and paperartsy stamps. Once I'd created my topper I found that my fingers were still getting mucky so I decided to fix the pastel with spray and shine from crafters companion. Then I simply mounted it onto a card and added a charm butterfly - just for interest!

I'd like to enter this into the following challenges:
Less is more - how charming
http://simplylessismoore.blogspot.co.uk/2012/04/week-64-theme-how-charming.html
Pan Pastel - add a flower
http://panpasteluk.blogspot.co.uk/2012/04/challenge-15-add-flower.html
Sunday Stamper: summer colours
http://pinkleart.blogspot.co.uk/2012/04/sunday-stamper-week-202-summer-in-city.html
Stamping with Chrissy - your favourite colour combo (red and yellow).
http://sundayswithcrissy.blogspot.co.uk/2012/04/challenge-28-your-favourite-colour.html

I'm really impressed with the pan -astel and can't wait to get some more colours!

Have a good Monday - speak to you later! Hugs Rachel xx

17 comments:

  1. Fabulous stamping Rachel well done gorgeous card Hugs Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rachel, that's such a great effect, we have the pan pastels at work, Samuel Taylors, Embsay and I have been impressed with all the results I have seen from people who have used them, such a great way to make amazing backgrounds. Have fun with them :)
    Hugs
    Dawn x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning card. Love the colors! Reminds me I need to use my PanPastels more. Great tip on spraying a fixative on it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Rachel,
    This is fab! Love the colours and image :) x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card rachel. The colours are stunning. Hugs Rita xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks gorgeous, stunning colours!
    Hugs Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  7. The colours are just gorgeous and very summery looking, have seen the pan pastels but was not sure....now not sure whether to go out and buy some!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pan Pastels really make striking results!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is just gorgeous,love the image.Thanks for sharing this with us at Sundays with Crissy.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Absolutely stunning hun, aren't the PanPastels just so fun and easy to use, really love your card, so striking and beautiful. Thank you for joining in with the PanPastel challenge blog sweetie
    Lindsay xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well done on your win. A beautiful background for your card. x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looking great - love the bold colours!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What do I think? Well, I think it is gorgeous and I now need to get myself some Pan Pastels lol Thanks for joining in with the challenge again hun x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Super vibrancy
    FAB card
    Thank you very much
    mandi
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow this is really stunning !!! I ma glad you are having fun with your Pans thanks for sharing with us at PanPastel UK.

    Kerry DT Leader

    craftyfairie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful card with gorgeous colors!! Thanks for playing with us at Sundays With Crissy.

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou so much for leaving a comment - it really does mean a lot to me! Hugs Rachel xx