My shining star

My shining star

Wednesday 7 September 2016

Janes card

Hello there - and its another good morning I hope? Things here are ok - I had to take my cat mischief in to see the vet yesterday - she has 2 lumps at the body end of her tail. The vet has taken samples for analysis but given missy's age she thinks tumours are the most likely outcome. So we have a few days to wait for the lab results. Poor puss. Hope she's going to be okay.

Today I have a card to share with you that I am very pleased with - its for my sister in law, Jane, who has a birthday coming up. I have been desparate to use my Leonie circle die and also my new JOFY stamps - this card has combined the two.


I started by stamping and colourising the flowers - I used distress inks and pens to do the colouring then fussy cut them. I also die cut the circles using my Leonie die.


Next I made the background - I started with fossilised amber DI around the edges then stamped and coloured in the leaves. Next I assembled the card.


I've added small gems and glossy accents to some of the centres of the flowers - then I made a few marks on the background using the smaller stamps from this set. I adore these stamps - I fear you may be seeing them again very soon!

I would like to enter this card into the current Paperartsy challenge which is making-marks and also simonsaysstampblog mondaychallenge - stamp it 

Big hugs to you and i hope you have a great day!

Hugs

Rachel x

24 comments:

  1. Another totally delightful creation in such pretty colours Rachel. Hope you puss is OK, they are pretty resilient creatures.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty. I love the colors and the design.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card Rachel, I hope that Missy will be ok.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning card Rachel, love it

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely fabulous card, Rachel! I love your colouring and the composition! I hope the best for your cat! Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really love the design of this card Rachel, the circles look wonderful and I love the subtle circle stamping in the background too. I really do hope the news for Mischief is good.... Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is gorgeous,love the fab design .xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. A stunning card Rachel, I'm sure that your SIL will love it. The flowers are gorgeous and I love the colours you've used on them, they go perfectly with the die too.

    Hugs Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous card Rachel, I love the beautiful Jofy stamps. Gorgeous colours too. I hope mischief will be okay.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow Rachel that is stunning I just love it....you are so clever with creating beautiful designs.....fingers crossed for mischief...xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hop your cat is ok. Fab card great Autumn colours

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Rachel! boy, have I missed getting to visit! Long story, but I think my more regular blogging hours are a thing of the past! but I had to pop in and see this beautiful card to honor your sister and to say hello! Gorgeous card with beautiful colors and a wonderful design! I hope Mischief will be Ok. Big hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful stamped background and love the new die-fingers crossed for Mischief
    carol x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the beautiful colours on this gorgeous card Rachel. Hope your cat will be ok!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Going bats in the belfry here. I couldn't see those blessed circles for the life of me , not until I scrolled down to the last picture and there they were all the time
    Lol. Love the flowers and what a gorgeous colour too. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  16. A gorgeous card Rachel, beautiful flowers and lovely colours.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hello Rachel, your card is gorgeous, I love the design and pretty colours.
    I do hope your puss is okay, Hugs Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  18. So pretty Rachel, love the design and colours xxx

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is gorgeous Rachel, those new jofy stamps are on my wish list! The circles are so effective!


    Lucy x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Fabulous card and love that sweet image. I won't be around till end of Sept so will catch up with you then. xx {aNNie}

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great background! I love the shades of green on the leaves and te orange of the flowers! Thank you for stamping with us ast SSS Monday Challenge! Hugs, Macarena

    ReplyDelete
  22. I can see why you're pleased with this one, Rachel - it's absolutely charming.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  23. WOW! Beautiful stamping! If I saw this at a show I would buy t he stamps immediately! ;0 Hugs, Autumn

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou so much for leaving a comment - it really does mean a lot to me! Hugs Rachel xx