My shining star

My shining star

Tuesday 26 July 2016

Under the sea - Penny canvas

Hello there! How are you? I hope you are well. We are good and managing to keep smiling. I had more crafting time in the attic last night - after mowing the lawns ... I used one of the pictures from Center Parcs as inspiration for a 12 x 12 inches canvas for Penny's room. I wanted to make something for the under the sea challenges around at the moment. Here's what I did.


I started by using stencils to create texture in the background....once dry I used distress paints in mermaid lagoon, lucky clover and salty ocean applied with a wet wipe.


Next I added the photo and the shells which have been sitting on my dexk for a while now....


I cut the 'garden greens' from some distress paint mop ups and also the seahorses... these were painted with clear rock candy crackle and when dry I applied expresso distress stain to highlight the crackles.


This one gives you a better impression of the texture in the background. The fish came from fussy cutting a stamp from chocolate baroque.I added glossy accents to their eyes. The SEA word is another Tim goodie!!!!Penny Loves it - I have to find room to put it on the wall later.... I'm hoping to get chance to do Lucy's version of this later.

I would like to enter this into the following challenges:


Have a great Tuesday - I think we're going to see finding Dory today - more fish lol!!!

Big hugs

Rachel xx

18 comments:

  1. A beautiful canvas Rachel, such a lovely photo.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Rachel
    Great photo.. Stunning canvas... Really nice
    Hugs Sylvie x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous canvas Rachel, lovely colours and design, Penny looks as if she is indeed under the sea, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a fabulous canvas Rachel and all of the different elements work together beautifully. I really like the way that the Seahorses look like they're holding on to the photograph. The colours that you've used are just perfect for under the sea and the shells look great too. Thank you for joining us at Fashionable Stamping Challenges. Sandra X

    ReplyDelete
  5. A brilliant canvas with lovely seaside colours. Thank you so much for joining us at Happy Little Stampers.

    Emma - DT Member

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is fabulous Rachel and love the seahorses and theme you have used.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so beautiful Rachel, I love your sea themed canvas! I hope the film was good, it is one that I would love to see. Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm playing catch up after a busy day yesterday. This is gorgeous Rachel and I'm sure it look fabulous on the wall too.

    Hugs Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous canvas and beautiful action pic
    carol x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh this is stunning Rachel. x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the texture and colours on our canvas, I'm sure it looks great on the wall..Thanks so much for sharing with us at Fashionable Stamping Challenges...Esther xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your vintage canvas is gorgeous. I love the undersea layout too, it will look lovely in Penny's room.
    Loraine

    ReplyDelete
  13. An absolutely stunning canvas for Penny's wall Rachel. Barbxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Absolutely fun canvas!
    Thank you for playing with us at HLS July Anything Goes with Dies.

    ReplyDelete
  15. So well done! Thank you for sharing with us at FSC!

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou so much for leaving a comment - it really does mean a lot to me! Hugs Rachel xx