My shining star

My shining star

Friday 31 July 2015

A card for Dennis

 Good Morning to you! I hope you are well and happy! If not sending you hugs! Thankyou for your comments yesterday - I really do appreciate each and every one - Jam update for you - it seems to be a good set - not too hard - and the jam itself is very tart - perfect for blackcurrant jam for me!

Today I have a card I made for another neighbour who will be 80 in July - I don't think he'll have any other cards like this one - lol! Hope he likes it!


To make the background I used distress inks - peacock feathers, mermaid lagoon and shabby shutters. I also used layering stencils from TH.


The main stamp is one from the Alice Palace collection at Crafty Individuals. I used the same distress inks to to water colour this image stamped onto water colour card. I then fussy cut it.


The background to the turtle is another brusho background done using the clingfilm technique.

I adore this stamp - it reminds me of a holiday I had with Shaun early in our relationship in Australia - we were very lucky and went for a three day boat trip on the Barrier Reef - and we snorkled with turtles - it was just perfect - a wonderful memory of my beautiful husband whom I miss so much. 
I'm Looking forward to getting a new garden bench today - its a memorial bench for Shaun - if it comes I'll take some pictures and let you see it - probably on Sunday - tomorrows post is already scheduled!


Hope you have a great Friday!

Big Hugs

Rachel xx

12 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card Rachel, sure Dennis will love it

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous Rachel, such a wonderful image made even more special by the precious memories it evokes. Your design is so beautiful, I love the colours and beautiful background.
    I hope you have a good day.
    hugs Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super card and love the whole design....enjoy your jam and your weekend..xx
    {aNNie My Personal Blog}

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fantastic card Rachel, love the turtle and the gorgeous background you've got him on, it really looks like it is under water. I'm sure that your neighbor will love this card. Glad that the jam set.

    Hugs Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Rachel, what a super card and I'm sure your neighbour won't have anything like this, your colours and image are just fabulous. What a wonderful memory Rachel, thanks for sharing it with us, hugs Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Brilliant card and love the background, I am sure your neighbour will love it!
    Hugs
    Lindaxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love that turtle. What a fabulous idea for the bench . Both lovely memories o your Shaun. Hugs to you and the girls. Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  8. A wonderful card Rachel, your turtle is fabulous along with your brilliant background.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous card Rachel, such a great design....your neighbour will love it.The bench is a lovely idea too. Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  10. What's not to like about this amazing card! Love the '80' on the background, very clever!

    ReplyDelete
  11. A beautiful card and fabulous background made with a special memory-you maybe need a plaque made for your craftroom too-well done with the jam making
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just love this! Turtles are so cool. Thanks for sharing with us at Fashionable Stamping Challenge.

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou so much for leaving a comment - it really does mean a lot to me! Hugs Rachel xx