My shining star

My shining star

Thursday 7 May 2015

Playing with stamps and stencils

Hello lovelies - how are you? I hope you are fine and happy. Did you have a good day yesterday? We were all very good - although my run was extremely soggy!!! Nevermind - its a few more miles in the bank!!!

Today I have to wait in for a delivery from the storage for crafts people. I'm hoping that finally I can get my craft room sorted out - assuming I can get the unit into the attic - lol!!! It should fit though the hatch but it may be quite heavy!!! I'll let you know how that goes.

So I've been playing with two clarity stamps and a TH stencil - here's what I made:


I started off by stamping the very joyful image in versamark - then added black wow powders and heatset. Next I added a stencil with an oval aperture and applied more versamark to the the base and again heat set black wow powders.


With the stencil still in place I coloured the top of the picture in butterscotch using clarity stencil brushes. Then  I overlaid the tim holtz stencil and applied wild raspberry adirondack ink again using a stencil brush. I used my black zig pen to outline the oval And stamped the Joy stamp.


Then I matted and layed and repeated the Tim stencil direct to the base card.

I'd like to enter this into the following challenges:


Have a great Thursday and thanks for popping by!

Big hugs

Rachel x

23 comments:

  1. Good morning Rachel,
    Brilliant "scene" love how you have created it.
    Hope all goes well with the delivery!!
    Patricia x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty card in lovely colours Rachel, I now have an urge to ink that stamp. Hope you have a good Thursday and do take care getting your storage into the attic.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliant card, love how you have used stencil in the background oval and perfect stamping!! Awesome card, Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card, fab colours. Look forward to craft room pics. Hope you will enter my candy x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is just beautiful.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card Rachel, great colours. Don't hurt yourself getting the storage unit into the loft

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love it Rachel !! Good luck with getting your new crafty units into the loft !!

    hugs Diane xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh wow, looks amazing! Love the black silhouettes in front of that stencil, just beautiful!

    Good luck with the delivery, - you will have to show some photos when it is all done!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh wow Rachel, I think this has to be one of my favourites of your cards, it is so beautiful, cheerful and very clever - love the stenciling and that wonderful happy scene!

    Hope it all goes well today, don't do too much though! Look forward to hearing all about it on Saturday! Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. A fabulous card, love the colours and a great silhouette stamp too.
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is stunning Rachel. I love the joyful image and wonderful background design.
    hugs Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is gorgeous Rachel, I love the way you have carried the sunburst stencil through from the image to the background.
    Good luck with the storage unit.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fab card, good luck getting the storage sorted. Pic

    ReplyDelete
  14. A gorgeous card Rachel, you've just reminded me that I have this stamp and have never used it yet. Hope you manage the storage ok.

    Hugs Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. LOVE this delightful card and what a fab colour combo.... xx{aNNie My Personal Blog}

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Rachel I hope you got the unit up in the attic and it wasn't too heavy!
    I love your card it is fabulous!
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Rachel I hope you got the unit up in the attic and it wasn't too heavy!
    I love your card it is fabulous!
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Rachel, fabulous card, love the stencil and the image, it's great work.
    Hope your new storage unit fits in and that it's not too heavy, hugs Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love your card Rachel! The scene you've created is fantastic! Such a talented lady! I hope your unit isn't too heavy & fits easily into the attic!
    Good LUck
    Hugs
    Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. A gorgeous scene Rachel. Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Lovely project! Thanks for joining in the TIMI challenge at Craft Stamper!
    xxx Ellie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love the silhouette image looks very magical-good luck with the storage
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  23. Fabulous project ..... thank you for joining in with the Craft Stamper challenge ... good luck! Linda xx

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou so much for leaving a comment - it really does mean a lot to me! Hugs Rachel xx