My shining star

My shining star

Friday 1 May 2015

Back to my Journal and my new cut n boss

Hello Lovelies - hope you are okay and thanks for your lovely comments on my canvas yesterday - I really appreciate it. I also got my cut n boss yesterday - first thing was it wouldn't emboss so I phone crafters companion and they gave me a different sandwich and it worked perfectly. It cut well according the instructions in the manual - so I'm happy at this stage. Its got a long way to go but happy just now!

Today I want to share my latest journal page - I made it using distress inks and stencils - the brief was your fave two colours plus black and white. I chose green and yellow. I like all colours but chose these as its fresh and zingy and makes me think of spring.


there's a whole combination of stencils on there - paperartsy, andy skinner, clarity and tim holtz.


colours used are fossilised amber, mustard seed, mowed lawn, shabby shutters, peeled paint.


The lettering is from clarity.

I would like to enter this into the following challenges:


to be updated.

Big hugs and see you soon!

Rachel xx

22 comments:

  1. Gorgeous page Rachel, love the colours

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful pages, Rachel, love the hues of yellow..they are blending wonderfully!
    congrats on your new crafty toy, would like to know further reviews! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful Spring themed journal pages. Happy you are enjoying your new die cutting. Vee xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are beautiful pages Rachel, yellow and green always make me feel spring is on it's was as they seem to be the colours that come out first in the garden. The weather the last few days though have felt more like winter. Glad you got your cut n boss working ok I'm sure everything will be fine with it.

    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful, fresh and full of Spring vibes, love these pages.
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous journal page Rachel, such a beautiful combination of stencils and colours.
    I will be interested to hear how you get on with your cut n boss, I've been thinking of getting one.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous work of art, gorgeous colours and love the design.xxx
    {aNNie My Personal Blog}

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh I can see the Fossilized Amber in there, it is such a gorgeous colour on your very pretty page Rachel. Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations on your new crafty toy! Gorgeous pages to your journal and love the green and yellow tones which enhances the silhouette perfectly.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Another gorgeous page Rachel. Hazel x

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is gorgeous Rachel, such a lovely combination of stencils and colours to create a beautiful scene.
    Hugs Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful work Rachel! Thanks for your comment on my blog too ;)

    Hugs
    Dawn x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a pretty page Rachel - love all the fresh spring colours you've used!
    Hugs, Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a beautiful page Rachel so bright and you have made a gorgeous scene. Glad to hear your cut n boss is behaving up to now lol huggles Sue xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh wow Rachel, fabulous page! Love the silhouette girl against that gorgeous stencilled background, - a super spread!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is fabulous Rachel, I love the stamping and wonderful colours, great journal page, hugs Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gorgeous spring pages Rachel, great colours. Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful journal page Rachel, so bright and sunny! Wonderful stenciling!

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a happy spread! Love it. Enjoy the new play thing! Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful journal pages love the bright sunny colours and stencils
    carol x

    ReplyDelete
  21. A very sunny journal page your colour choices are very spring like. Thank you so much for joining in with us over at The Artistic Stamper . X

    ReplyDelete
  22. Lovely journal pages Rachel. The colours are so fresh and spring like, very cheering.
    Mags
    x

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou so much for leaving a comment - it really does mean a lot to me! Hugs Rachel xx