My shining star

My shining star

Tuesday 22 April 2014

metal at wow powders

Good morning there lovelies - how are you today? I hope you are well and happy and if you have to go back to work today try to enjoy it. We've got another day with Shaun off and almost a week for the girls. Its supposed to be a mixed bag weather wise today so we may go to Liverpool or Preston - not sure which.

Today I have a card I made for the challenge at wow powders today - did you see wor sheena last week brayering with glycerine? Well I had to have a go! I didn't have the folder Sheena used (although I do now lol) so I used an embossalicious clocks one. The verse is from claritystamps and mentions time. The image is from Crafty Individuals.


I started with some kraft card and brayered the embossing folder with glycerin then ran the card through the machine.  Afterward I added brass regular powder - and then heat set. 


Next I added spiced marmalade distress ink which helped bring the metallic colour out. Then I used a TH layering stencil (bubble) and added grunge paste - whilst it was still wet I added more brass regular and brass sparkle wow powders then heat set. The paste bubbled but I liked the overall effect. 


I stamped both the toppers onto kraft card - the image with archival black and the other in versa mark and heat set with more metallic powder. 


Finally I put the card together. I think this will be a very useful male card card to add to my card box!

I'd like to enter the following challenges:

Wowwowembossingpowder - metal
pan pastel panpasteluk- go grungy

Hope you have a great Tuesday! Thanks for visiting and hope to see you again soon!

Hugs Rachel xx


20 comments:

  1. This is wonderful Rachel. The embossed and textured background looks amazing. I love the image and beautiful sentiment too.
    hugs Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous Rachel what a different way of embossing with glycerin! Have a wonderful day whatever you decide to do. Susan xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful card Rachel, really must have a go at that background

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow, Rachel this is fab! Super project.

    Susan xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love how you used that glycerin technique Rachel, I was mesmerised watching Sheena do it and you have mastered it very well. This is now one of my favourites of your cards, I love the beautiful background you created! Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW Rachel this is stunning, Kath and I are having a Sheena day tomorrow :)
    Have a wonderful day out with the family.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning Rachel, I'm just waiting for my parcel to arrive before having a go at what look like a super technique. Hope the weather is kind to you today and for the rest of the week.

    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great card, love how you have done this, I was watching Sheena earlier and was amazed at the technique.
    Enjoy your evening

    Patricia x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutely fantastic Rachel, I missed Sheena so I'm not sure what this technique is, but it looks wonderful, love your colours and image, hugs Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great card Rachel! I wish I had more time to play & experiment!
    I love what you've done & the sentiment is fab too!
    Hugs
    Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Absolutely fantastic card Rachel I didn't see the show either but looks a great result love the embossing and image
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, this looks brilliant! Didn't see the show, but looks like another one to explore further, the effect is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is a fabulous card Rachel, brilliant technique.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow the embossing looks gorgeous! Fab card :o) Hugs, Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fabulous! Love how you used the sentiment and the tag side by side!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Rachel, I'm hoping I'm at the 'right' blog, as I followed you from the Christmas Club. I was intrigued reading all the techniques you described with the glycerin (is this the liquid stuff that you buy in the pharmacy?). It sounds so interesting to do...Your card is so beautiful & unique, and I have just purchased some of the WOW EP's, but not used any yet. Also got some of the melting powder & molds. Just not had time to play as yet. I loved this card, and joined as a new follower. Thanks for your recent visit, and if I'm at the wrong blog for the Christmas Club group (as I see 3 listed when I follow your link) please let me know, so I can be sure I'm commenting at the proper blog. TFS & Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gorgeous inky fun Rachel, I saw the technique and now glycerin is on my need to go to the chemist to get some list! Beautiful texture and depth perfect for the WOW challenge too. The verse and the image work together well perfectly Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  18. A wonderful card Rachel. Love the embossed background.
    Mags
    x

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a fabulous technique on the paper - turned out great too!! Thanks so much for joining us this time at the Pile it On Challenge, Elizabeth (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful card Rachael, love the technique, note to self..Buy glycerine..loove it!
    Thank you so much for joining us over at pan pastel uk, good luck.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou so much for leaving a comment - it really does mean a lot to me! Hugs Rachel xx