My shining star

My shining star

Monday 24 March 2014

Playing with paper - my first card in a box

Hello there! How are you? I am good and had a very happy time yesterday - with my hubby and girls and mum and dad - what could be better eh? My girls did their grading for jujitsu yesterday - Penny got green belt and Lucy got blue belt.


They did very well! After the grading we went out for lunch then had a round of crazy golf at the park and then girls played on the equipment. A fabulous day that we all enjoyed!

Onto my card for today - its a box card - or should I say card in a box.


I was inspired by seeing all these cards so headed off to U tube to find a demo and I found lots but the particular one I used can be found here.


I made up the box first then set about creating the decorating paper and butterflies - I did the paper using distress inks, a sheena embossing folder and then swept over the embossed image with a grey staz -on. I cut the pieces of paper to fit the box then stamped the butterflies in versa mark and heat set black wow powders. Then I fussy cut the butterflies.


The stamps are from Sheena and the images were coloured with spectrum noir pens. The sentiment is also from sheena douglass.


This final picture shows how the box folds flat for folding!

I'd like to enter this into the following challenges:

CVC:countryviewchallenges Paper chase
Crafters Companioncrafterscompanion: Monochromatic
thats craftythatscraftychallenges: inky antics
ptwpapertakeweekly: girlie

Thats all for today - got another kinetic card for tomorrow! Hope to see you then and thanks for visiting today!

Big Hugs

Rachel xx





25 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great day yesterday Rachel and well done to your girls.

    A fabulous exploding box.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful box card, our butterflies are beautiful. Well done to both the girls, and so pleased you all had a lovely day. Hazel xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Rachel congratulations to the girls they look so pleased with themselves and rightly so! Wow love your card in a box I keep wanting to do one but just can't find the time. The butterflies are gorgeous Rachel they looks so pretty like they are just fluttering out of the box. Hugs Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad you had a good weekend Rachel and well done to Lucy and Penny. Thank you for sharing your beautiful photos.
    Your card in a box is stunning. I really love the clever design and your butterflies looks so gorgeous.
    hugs sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your box of butterflies is awesome (thanks for the how-to ink). Thanks for entering it into the That's Crafty! Inky Antics challenge and good luck in the draw.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Brilliant card in a box Rachel, adore those butterflies

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good morning sweetie,this is simply gorgeous, love the colours too, gorgeous photos of your girls huggles Pops x x x

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a fabulous box card Rachel, I love your beautiful butterflies.
    Congratulations to the girls, they look very proud and so they should.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is stunning Rachel, it looks great with the butterflies. I liked the look of these when I saw them on C and C the other day. Think I'll have to give it a go.

    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful box card, loving the butterflies. Your daughters look gorgeous.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Rachel, well done to Penny and Lucy!! they look so pleased with themselves, thanks for sharing the photos.
    Your card in a box is stunning, love the design, and those butterflies are just gorgeous, hugs Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats to the girls for earning their new belts. Your card in a box is fabulous! Love all the butterflies.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is awesome!!! Love everything about it. KUDOS to you.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Not sure if you know - so apologies if I have ruined the surprise but want to make sure you got your goodies - you need to go to Thursday's post at Scrap 365 http://scrap365.blogspot.co.uk/2014/03/our-winner.html - huge congrats!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Good afternoon Rachel,
    Congratulations to your girls well done. Glad you had a good day out.
    Your card in a box is absolutely brilliant I love it
    Hugs

    Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a stunning card Rachel, I love the shape too although have not made one since Halloween last year! The butterflies are gorgeous, just gorgeous! Congratulations to both girls too, very well done! Hugs, Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Rachel. Well done to both the girls - they look so pleased with themselves! Love, love, love your box (have seen some of these around so may have to have a go). Such a pretty design on the outside and the butterflies are gorgeous!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  18. congratulations penny and Lucy and love the pics -great card ina box -love all the butterflies and great sentiment
    carol x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Congrats to your girls... Fab card, love those pretty butterflies. Think I'm having a go at one of these this week, but I'm cheating and cutting it on the Cameo ;o) Hugs Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  20. A really beautiful box Rachel and those butterflies are just gorgeous.
    Thanks for joining in with our Inky Antics challenge at That's Crafty and wishing you good luck.
    Fliss x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh hun what great photos well done to both your girls they are lovely and as for the butterflies they lush always such beautiful detail hun hugs cheryl xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Fantastic card Rachel, I have yet to try one of these!
    Well done to the girls on getting their new belts!
    Hugs
    Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete
  23. Can't believe I didn't leave a comment on this, I'm really not with it some days!

    Huge congrats to the girls - they are, hopefully not literally, kicking butt!

    I have been seeing these around blog world the last couple of weeks and have yet to try one. This is beautiful - love the colour and love those butterflies! x

    ReplyDelete
  24. Firstly, congratulations, Penny and Lucy, well done girls and that is a super photograph of you both! Rachel your box card is stunning, I love it !! especially those butterflies, they look amazing.
    Hugs Jennifer xx

    ReplyDelete
  25. This is gorgeous Rachel. This is certainly on my list of cards to try. Looks like you had a good day and well done to your girls.
    Mags
    x

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou so much for leaving a comment - it really does mean a lot to me! Hugs Rachel xx