My shining star

My shining star

Thursday 9 January 2014

A little box - a new years resolution

Hello there -I do hope you are well!  I'd like to show you today a box I made inspired by the current Craft Stamper Magazine. One of my New Years Resolutions is to try more techniques/projects from Craft stamper to broaden my horizons and get more experience of different media. I just fell in love with the project by Trish latimer..... and wanted to try it but with a twist...I wanted to do a box rather than a hanger.





I started by finding some fabric that I liked and stick it to my studio 490 flexible film and left it to dry naturally. I then took a plain box from the MDF man and coated it with gesso - then when dry added gold paint from an adirondack dauber. when this was dry I stamped the Crafty Individuals script stamp on the lid and added the lapis blue sparkle medium from Imagination crafts through a stencil from that special touch. I left this to dry then did the bases of the box - using the same stencil and versa mark and brass regular wow powders. Then I worked on the butterflies - the stamp is one from an old Craft stamper magazine - I stamped in versa then heat set with brass regular  wow powders. I added the gems to the butterflies then cut the flowers from the fabric/film  using tattered florals dies from Tim Holtz. I heated the flowers to form the shapes you see and stuck the layers together using some brads from Creative Expressions. Finally I stamped the words using dylusions stamps and put the piece together. Hope you like it as much as I do!

I'd like to enter this box into the following challenges:

Sunday Stamper pinkleart- Dream
Funkie Junkie frillyandfunkie - New Years Resolution
Simon says stamp Monday challengesimonsaysstampblog - Blue
Wow Powderswowembossingpowder - use fabric
sisterhood of craftersthesisterhoodofcrafters - something New (lapis sparkle medium, box, script stamp and stencil)
CFAScraftingforallseasons: All things bright and beautiful
PTW:papertakeweekly AG - option of something new
Inky Chicksinkychicks - AG
Incy wincyincywincydesigns - three fave embellies - flowers, brads, butterflies (gems).

I hope you have a wonderful day - I'll be at my mums and doing the food shopping but hope to get crafty later - we both bought some primary elements in the Create and Craft sale so will probably have a play with them! I'm so excited too - found out yesterday I won the Simon says stamp weds challenge so have a $50 spree to look forward to!! Woohoo!!!! What a lucky lady I am!

Thanks for dropping by today and big Hugs to you!

Rachel xx

35 comments:

  1. A gorgeous box and your flowers look wonderful! A great New Years resolution too! Hugs x trace x

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! This is stunning Rachel. A wonderful combination of colours, textures and gorgeous sparkle too.
    Congrats on your win at Simon Says, I always love it when I see one of my blogging buddies has won, especially when it's someone as nice as you!
    I hope you have a good day
    hugs Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a stunning box Rachel. The colours look magnificent and the flower is gorgeous. Great Work. Hugs Rita xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Rachel wow wow wow this is gorgeous! Love the blue stencilling on the box and the flowers are gorgeous, a wonderful project!! Big congratulations on your win Rachel just beware of the Customs!! Susan xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rachel it is beautiful .Love the texture and the blue

    ReplyDelete
  6. The lapis blue is a stunning colour and I love how you used the tattered florals, they look wonderful on your beautiful box. Many congratulations on your win, I just know you will have fun spending it! Hugs, Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow Rachel this is gorgeous, love those flowers, Congratulations on your win

    ReplyDelete
  8. Smasing box Rachel, just love the fabric flowers !!

    hugs Diane xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. This looks fabulous. Love the blues.

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW this is so unique ... looks awesome! Thanks so much for joining us at The Sisterhood’s ‘Out with the Old, In with the New’ challenge and please come back again soon!
    Darlene
    one of the 'Sistahs'
    The Sisterhood of Crafters
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, stunning box Rachel. I love the colour you've used and the wonderful flowers. I have a couple of these boxes just waiting for some decorating.

    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ooooo! Aaaaa!!! I like, I really really like.
    I have one of those boxes, have done nothing with it yet.................must go find it
    Have a great rest if the day

    Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Well done you for resolving to push those boundaries and then doing it! You are definitely my kind of girl :) LOVE the way you've used Trish's inspiration in your own way. Great idea with the fabric/film and the lapis colour really brings everything to life (isn't that butterfly stamp a real go to!) Well done on your win too and thank you so much for joining us at Frilly and Funkie. Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fabulous Rachel, love the colours and those flowers are stunning!

    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Rachel - this is such a pretty box! Love the bright blue colour and all the lovely elements ... reckon you've smashed your New Year's Resolution in one move!!!!! :o) Congratulations on your win too.
    Helen x
    PS: with my DT "hat" on, thanks for sharing your fabby creation at Incy Wincy Designs this week. Hx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful box and love the embellishments-congrats on winning at SimonSays
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi sweetie this is gorgeous, love your choice of colours, hugs Pops x x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Rachel, this box has the WOW factor, the colours, different textures and design are all fantastic, you are so talented a crafter, hugs Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is fabulous Rachel. Love the colours and the flowers are gorgeous.
    Mags
    x

    ReplyDelete
  20. beautiful flowers! also the sparkle!

    ReplyDelete
  21. It really is gorgeous, those flowers are incredible Rachel.
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Rachel, what a beautiful box. I love the vibrant colours you have used and the flowers are fabulous. Congratulations on your win, well done. Big Hugs Jennifer xx

    ReplyDelete
  23. This is gorgeous Rachel, beautiful colours and I love your dimensional flowers.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  24. Beautiful box, love the gorgeous blue roses!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Love those fabby flowers, this is gorgeous hun :o) Hugs, Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hi Rachel! Wow, what a gorgeous box!! I was in love the moment I saw your flowers and butterflies.So much texture and dimension, with stunning pops of color! Thank you so much for sharing your creative talent at the Frilly and Funkie Challenge!
    Hugs,
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  27. Such a great creation hun! Thanks for playing at PTW this week! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  28. Beautiful dimensional project! Love the beautiful blossoms and butterflies! Thanks for joining along with Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  29. love the idea of the box and it is so beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  30. Beautiful creation. Your design is very impressive. Thank you for joining us at Crafting for all Seasons and we hope to see you again soon...good luck in the challenge...luv aNNie [DT]

    ReplyDelete
  31. This is gorgeous Rachel! Love the blue dots, all the dimensional flowers and the butterflies. That's a great sentiment too. Thank you so much for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  32. What a great resolution and such a fabulous, crafty way to start the New Year!! Thanks for joining us at the Frilly and Funkie challenge! Hope to see you there for the next one! ((hugs)) Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  33. Looks fab hun, love that CFA film, tis one of those "perfect" things to use... cover it with owt you fancy and it still works... thanks for joining in with the Sunday Stamper and apologies for my late commenting x

    ReplyDelete
  34. A great box with the stenciling and the flowers. Thanks for sharing with us at CFAS, and good luck and hope to see you again.
    Cindy DT

    ReplyDelete
  35. Stunning, totally stunning. Thanks for p[laying a long at WOW EMBOSSING POWDERS

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou so much for leaving a comment - it really does mean a lot to me! Hugs Rachel xx