My shining star

My shining star

Thursday 19 December 2013

Shaun's card

Good morning lovelies! How are you today? I hope you are all fine and well. Did you have those wild winds last night? It was shocking here! I hope its not like that tonight as I'm hoping to take the girls on the village carol singing! Its night 1 of three tonight - and I'd like to do two of the three! We raise money for the homeless shelter in Lancaster. Its usually good fun too.

Tonight I'd like to show you shaun's card that I made for him - virtually all the stuff used on the card was from That Craft Place.




I started to make this card by creating the background - the cloud stamp is be Ditzie Designs which is the own brand at That Craft Place. I stamped this with versa and added white wow powders before heat setting. I then made up the background using the ombre technique as featured in the current craft stamper magazine. I used chipped sapphire, faded jeans and tumbled glass DI. Next I did more background stamping using a script stamp and a stamp from the sam poole steampunk christmas stamp set. Then I made the owls - using the sam poole wise friend stamp set - one was stamped onto a sheaf of paper that was like treebark - it may actually have been treebark. The second owl was stamped on the back of a brown envelope. Both were decoupaged up. I also stamped the leaves from the same stamp set then put the card together. The piece of wood came as part of my DT pack - as did the tree bark. Finally I added the hats to the owls and the sentiment. The hats came from a stamp set by Imagination Crafts.

I'd like to enter this card into the following challenges:

Simon Says Stamp Monday challengesimonsaysstampblog-stamp-out-2013: Stamp something
Craft Stamper Magazinecraftstamper-take-it-make-it-challenge-six - Ombre Technique
PTWpapertakeweekly: Last Christmas Card
The Male Roomthemaleroomchallengeblog: Celebration


I've got something else to show you now - I took delivery of this beautiful cake today - I was lucky enough to win it in a competition - amazing!! So glad I didn't make one! Lol!!!


Aren't I a lucky girl!

Thats all for today - thanks for all your lovely comments - I really do appreciate them. Hope to see you again soon! Big Hugs Rachel xx

26 comments:

  1. Your card is wonderful Rachel. I love those owls with their little Santa hats and the background looks fabulous.
    Such a beautiful cake, almost too nice to cut into.
    I hope the weather improves for you so you can go carol singing tonight.
    hugs Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love those owls Rachel, I am sure Shaun will love it. You are a very lucky girl to win such a beautiful cake. See you later

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Rachel what a stunner and I love the little Santa hats on them! Congratulations on your cake win it looks fab I don't think mine will be as professionally decorated! Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good Morning Rachel. Shauns card is stunningand I bet he loved it. Doesn't that cake look yummy. Winning it is a great start to the celebrations. Hugs Rita xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yep Rachel, we got those winds and rain to go with it.

    Love the colours on your card and beautifully decorated cake as well.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just love the owls with their Santa hats Rachel. I'm sure Shaun will love it. We were quite lucky with regards to the wind, although windy and rainy it wasn't as bad as elsewhere in the country. All is calm here at the moment but we have had a few flakes of snow ! Is this the calm before the storm I wonder !!! Hope you all have a wonderful Christmas. Enjoy you carol singing. Hugs Jennifer xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such fun owls, great card! Hope the cake tastes as good as it looks!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those owls are such fun, wonderful card Rachel.
    We also had gale force winds and rain battering against the window all through the night, continuing into today, in fact the wind is howling as I type.
    Hope all goes well for you tonight.
    Festive Wishes
    Lynne
    P.S. Well done on your win!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your card for Shaun is delightful, I love those owls and they look wonderful with their festive hats on! The Christmas cake looks fabulous, well done on your win. Yes we had those howling winds too last night, they are due back tomorrow if the weather forecast is to be believed. Hope you get to do the caroling tonight. Hugs, Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is a fabulous card Rachel, I love those gorgeous owls.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful card for yur husband. Congrat on winning the beautiful cake too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love those owls, on a great card. You were lucky winning that beautiful cake.
    Enjoy your Carol singing. Hazel xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is fabulous Rachel, I love this owl stamp and their cute santa hats! WOW you definitely are a lucky girl winning that scrumptious cake.

    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fabulous card Rachel, love how you've created the background and the owls are fantastic, I'm sure your hubby will love it.
    What a fab win, the cake looks gorgeous, enjoy the carol singing, hugs Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Brilliant card Rachel love the owls and little Christmas hats and congratulations on winning the cake
    carol x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous card! Love the owls with eyes like clocks! Thank you so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lovely owls and a great background. Thank you for joining us at The Male Room.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oooh lucky you winning that fab christmas cake !!

    Love the steam punky christmas owls Rachel !!

    hugs Diane xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Fab card Rachel.. I have this owl stamp too he's cute... How lucky to win that cake it looks very inviting.. Px

    ReplyDelete
  20. A lovely card Rachel. The owls look so cute with their little hats on.
    Lucky you winning that gorgeous cake.
    Mags
    x

    ReplyDelete
  21. I have to admit until I read what you used to stamp the owls I assumed they were wooden embellishments - the effect you got with these is brilliant, I want to reach out and stroke them, if Shaun doesn't like this card send it to me because, once again, love it! Beautiful work huni xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. What fab detail your owls have, they're gorgeous, and I love your cloudy background.Thanks for joining in at The Male Room

    ReplyDelete
  23. Fun Christmas card, the owls look great! Thanks for joining us in the Craft Stamper challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Lovely card, the owls look great! Thanks for taking part in the CS challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  25. The card is so inventive and fun! Thank you for joining the CS challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Love the owls Rachel! Thank you for joining in with the ombré Craft Stamper challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou so much for leaving a comment - it really does mean a lot to me! Hugs Rachel xx