My shining star

My shining star

Saturday 9 November 2013

Happy Silver Wedding Anniversary !

Hello there! Thanks so much for your comments on my card yesterday - I wasn't entirely happy with it but you have put my mind at rest - and did you see Karen's post yesterday - uncanny!!!!

Today I've got a rather unusual silver wedding anniversary card to share with you. Its very different from any other anniversary card I've done but I think it works! I've used a stamp from Penny Black - the card started out as just being a response to the Penny Black Saturday Challenge this month which is called 'sparklers' but it evolved into the silver wedding anniversary card that I needed to make for one of Penny's teachers. She's such a lovely lady and I really hope she has a fantastic day!





To make the card I used versamark and wow powders - sparkling white - I created the background first by lots of stamping with versa, powder application and heat setting. Then I made the topper with just the single image - they really remind me of sparklers - what do you think? Then I mounted the topper on silver mirri board and added the silver bow and silver sentiment.

I'd like to enter this card into the following challenges:

PBSCpennybfriendssaturdaychallenge: Sparklers
CC and CCchocolatecoffeecards: Monochromatic
PB and morepennyblackatallsorts: AG
 CCC:cardcrafterscircle Anniversary
Crafty Catz:craftycatzweeklychallenge Photo inspiration
PTWpapertakeweekly: AG
LEJlejdesignschallengeblog: Monochromatic
WDcutedaisymay: Monochromatic
Crafty Ribbonscraftyribbonschallenge : black and white

Thanks for looking and I hope you have a great Saturday - Lucy is off to a party - a climbing wall experience followed by pizza hut. Sounds fab - so me and Penny are going up in the attic to have some crafty time together! Sounds perfect to me!

Big Hugs

Rachel xx

33 comments:

  1. wow gorgeous so beautiful
    hugs Kate xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! This is stunning Rachel, I love the white embossing on the dark background and the ribbon finishes it off perfectly.
    I hope you and your girls have a fabulous Saturday, it sounds like you will!
    hugs Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just gorgeous,love the image and layout.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Simply beautiful Rachel and as you say so different, I love it

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Rachel Hope Your Having A Good Weekend What A Fab Card Would Have Never Thought To Do Anything Like This But Wow How It Works And I So Love It. Thanks For Sharing It With Us At CC And Good Luck. Also Thanks Fir All Your Lovely Comments I Do Appreciate Them. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a gorgeous anniversary card Rachel. Love it. Enjoy your Weekend. Hugs Rita xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is different for a silver wedding anniversary, and not something I would have done myself. But it does work as you say, and is beautiful with all of the WOW on it.

    Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful! Love its elegance.

    ReplyDelete
  9. brilliant card,love the image and it reminded me of sparklers as soon as I saw it-hope Lucy enjoys her party sounds fantastic and you and Penny enjoy your crafting together
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Perfect for Sparklers - because that is exactly what they look like. Love it! Thank you for the shout out too huni, very kind of you. Have a fab day crafting and a wonderful weekend x

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so beautiful. I love the colors you have used. It is really sparkling. Thank you for joning the challenge of CC&CC. Hugs, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think the sparkling white makes a wonderful background Rachel, your card is stunning! Hugs, Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful card and fits our theme perfectly. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Catz this week :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for entering our black and white challenge here at crafty ribbons
    P x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love this card Rachel..it's so beautiful and I bet it's even nicer in reality

    Best wishes
    Annie x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful card Rachel, very elegant.
    Becky x

    ReplyDelete
  17. The heat embossing is perfection surely making them appear as sparklers against a night sky but I love your idea to turn this into a Silver Anniversary card, very clever indeed.
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is gorgeous Rachel, I love the white embossing on the dark background.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Absolutely beautiful! Different and great! I love the effect of the WOW powders, it looks FAB! I know the teacher is going to love it! It's perfect for our monochromatic challenge at CC&CC! Thanx for joining us! Joanne

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a stunning card. I love the design. Great techniques used. Thank you for joining us over at Crafty Catz. Hugs Nina

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is beautiful Rachel.
    Mags
    x

    ReplyDelete
  22. As it’s something I really don’t like doing for a whole comment will admit to this being a copy and paste one because I am unable to type properly at the moment, but didn't want to miss the opportunity to take a look at your lovely creation and thank you for joining us at Penny Black and More challenge.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  23. A beautiful card love the embossing.Thank you for joining us at Whoopsi Daisy this week and good luck
    Bettyxxx

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oh my this is a stunning card! I love the colors and how you created such depth. Thank you so much for coloring along with us at Chocolate, Coffee and Cards.

    Nadja DT

    ReplyDelete
  25. Such a beautiful card. The Wow embossing powder makes the flowers "pop" from the card.
    Thank you for joining us at Penny Black and More this month and good luck in our prize draw.

    Shirley

    ReplyDelete
  26. Super creation, love your design, thanks so much for joining in with our Inspirational photo challenge at CRAFTY CATZ, hope you can lay again soon, x carol

    ReplyDelete
  27. A lovely card Rachel, love the stamp design. Hugs xx Jennifer xx

    ReplyDelete
  28. This is stunning and yes they do look a bit like sparklers...hehe...Gorgeous work. Thank you for joining us over at Chocolate, Coffee & Cards Challenge x
    CC&CC
    Little Pear Tree

    ReplyDelete
  29. Gorgeous card, lovely stamping.
    Thank you for joining the Penny Black & More 'Anything Goes' challenge and good luck x Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  30. This is just stunning! Love the flowers! Thank you for sharing with us at Card Crafter's Circle!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Beautiful image, it looks amazing in monochrome-thanks for joining us at crafty ribbons this week. Rebecca x

    ReplyDelete
  32. Fabulous card - love the way you used the same stamp to create the background!
    Thanks for playing at the Penny Black Saturday Challenge!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou so much for leaving a comment - it really does mean a lot to me! Hugs Rachel xx