My shining star

My shining star

Saturday 14 September 2013

Inky fun and heatable acetate

Goodly morning to all you lovelies in blogland. Hope you're all well? I'm feeling well and ready for the Great North Run that will be happening tomorrow - I can't say that I'm looking forward to the ran but better that than a heatwave!!!

I've been playing with heatproof acetate today - there is a take it make it challenge at craft stamper that requires the use of acetate - plus I wanted to do something for the simon says stamp embossing challenge and something else for the crafters companion embossing challenge - so here goes:




Okay so I made the backgound with a combination of dylusions sprays, colorwash sprays and cosmic shimmer and radiant rain sprays. Once dry I added some spiced marmalade DI and then stamped with black archival - the sheena douglass stamps. I mounted and layered this then made the acetate wrap. First I wiped the acetate with an antistatic bag then used versa mark to stamp the sheena flourish in the corners and added brass regular wow powder to the acetate then heat set.

I love this stamping on acetate idea and think you'll be seeing more of this in the future!

I'd like to enter this card into the following challenges:
Simon says stamp simonsaysstampblog- monday challenge - embossing
Simon says stamp simonsaysstampblog- wednesday challenge - embossing
Wow powderswowembossingpowder - decadence
Craft stamper craftstamper- take it make it acetate
Crafters companion -crafterscompanion embossing

Thanks for looking today - I'll be scheduling two posts for tomorrow but won't be able to catch up with you all until I'm on the coach on the way home from Newcastle tomorrow. Hope you all have a great day and I hope to see you again soon!

Hugs

Rachel xx

28 comments:


  1. Great card Rachel, a lot of work looks to have gone into this.

    Good luck for tomorrow.

    I am off up to Inverness today with my sister Patricia - summerhousecraftsblogspot and our friend Elaine to meet up with kate( culliesocks) hope the weather stays nice for it

    Hazel x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous Rachel, the colours are wonderful and I love the swirls on the acetate.
    Good luck for tomorrow, after all your hard work and training I am sure you will be fine. I hope the weather is kind to you!
    Take care,
    hugs Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Rachel, your card id gorgeous, I love these colours and design.

    Good luck tomorrow, hopefully not too much rain, hugs Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card Rachel, adore the colours. Speak to you later

    ReplyDelete
  5. The embossing really is very effective Rachel and your coloured background is just fabulous.

    You are bound to be apprehensive about tomorrow but I know you will do it in style - I'll be thinking of you and willing you on my lovely friend. Take care though. Big hugs, Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card , stunning colours Rachel. Good luck for your run on Sunday, gosh you must be a very fit lady to do that !!
    Hope all goes well. :) I couldn't run around the corner lolls !
    Take care. Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, this is gorgeous Rachel, lovely hot bright colours. I love the sentiment you've used and the acetate wrap with the embossing on it. Good Luck, I'll be thinking of you tomorrow.

    Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  8. this is beautiful, beautiful colours!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous card! I love all the gorgeous and bright colors! The acetate wrap is very clever and fun! :)

    Thanks for joining us at the Simon Says Wednesday Challenge Blog!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yummy card! Lovely colours and I really must get some Dylusions. I love the gold embossing on the acetate too - makes this such a luxurious creation. Good luck on the run tomorrow, I'll be keeping my fingers crossed that it doesn't rain too much for you xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. I absolutely love this gorgeous creation, hugs Pops x x x

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a fantastic creation Rachel. The colours are glorious. I love it. Hugs Rita xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fantastic rich decadent colours and love using Acetate too.

    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Just love the colours Rachel !! Good luck tomorrow and run like the wind !! WTG girl !!

    hugs Diane xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Absolutely gorgeous.. Love the colours, I need to use acetate more.. Ab Fab Px

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautifully done, Rachel! The colors are so bold and that acetate looks fabulous! Thank you for sharing your project with us this week for the Simon Says Stamp Monday challenge! ~Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gorgeous and wonderful colors! Acetate is such an overlooked craft tool!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Fabulous Rachel love the background! Funnily enough I have just stamped on acetate (on a much smaller scale) for my DT card tomorrow! Thinking of you and wishing you well in your race, it is now 640 Sunday AM and you will be getting ready I guess! Good luck!! Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  19. delicious colours and great creation
    Hugs Kate xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Rachel I hope all went well with the race, what a terrible day weather wise, better you than me running in it. Look forward to hearing how you got on.

    Hazel x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Just beautiful Rachel,you've put so much work into this! Love the rich colours & the acetate looks fab!Wishing you well in the GNR.....will be thinking of you!
    hugs Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love your gorgeous embossed frame ... beautiful background too ... so glad you joined us at Crafter's Companion.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wow this is wonderful!! I really think you made a fantastic background with so many fab colors. thanks for joining us at crafter's companion for our embossing challenge this month!

    ReplyDelete
  24. STUNNING, totally STUNNING. love this idea. the card is awesome, thanks for playing along at WOW EMBOSSING POWDERS

    ReplyDelete
  25. The overlay looks lovely, really elegant! Thanks for joining us in the Craft Stamper challenge! (hope the GNR went well for you, the weather was pretty foul, wasn't it?!)

    ReplyDelete
  26. This is simply beautiful, the gold stamping looks wonderful!
    Thanks so much for joining in our challenge at Craft Stamper!

    ReplyDelete
  27. That is simply stunning - I so love the coloured you have used!
    Thanks for playing along with us at Crafters Companion's Embossing Challenge and good luck :0)
    Love Clairebears x

    ReplyDelete
  28. Wow! The colours are just so vibrant, love it! Thanks for joining in this month with the Craft Stamper Challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou so much for leaving a comment - it really does mean a lot to me! Hugs Rachel xx