My shining star

My shining star

Wednesday 6 June 2012

A lovely day!

Evening all! Well I've had a lovely day today - with my girls and mother-inlaw (Bez - she's fab!) at the Gulliver's World Attraction in Warrington. It really was fantastic - we got there to blue skies and enjoyed a good 5 hours before the heavens opened and sent us scurrying back to the car - and we will return as we just didn't manage to get everything done!

I also had some very exciting news yesterday - I'm not sure if I'm allowed to tell you - but I will anyway - I've been asked to join the DT for the Crafty Pad - I'm so excited! Thanks so much ladies - I'l do my best not to let you down!!!!

Oddly enough - the card I'd like to share with you this evening includes an image from the crafty pad that I won from their May release.



Isn't he just adorable? The colour scheme and stars were inspired by the challenge over at chocolatecoffeecards: photo inspiration and I followed a sketch from the challenge over atsketchandstashchallenge - my new stash that I've used is my sheena douglass daisy embossing folder - love it!!! I picked it up when I was at Dawn Bibby's shop the other weekend doing the workshop with Hels sheridan - and this is the first chance I've had to use it!!! I'd also like to enter this card into the cutiepiechallenge:  diecuts and punches, sweetstampinchallengeblog 'favourite' stamp andpapermakeupstamps Digi makeover challenge tic tac toe - which is bling, critter and embossing.

I think that's all for today - its my birthday tomorrow - and I'm very excited about the crafty stash my husband has got for me!!!! I say that he got for me - he gave me the money and I went on a spree!!!! What a lovely man he is!!!!

So until tomorrow! Hugs Rachel xxxx

20 comments:

  1. Hi Rachel great card.Can you send my your address in a pm on docrafts so I can send out your blog hop stamps.
    Have a lovely birthday tomorrow.
    Kaz.xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Rachel,
    Happy Birthday for tommorrow,what a lovely husband you have lol.
    Gorgeous card,sweet image and fab design :) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really lovely card, super sweet image and a fab take on the sketch

    thanks for joining us at SnS

    Sue
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. gorgeous card Rachel, lovely image and fabulous colours. Congrats on your new DT position - well deserved!
    All the best
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Rachel and congratulations on your DT news, wonderful! Hope you have a very Happy Birthday tomorrow.
    Hugs
    Dawn x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Rachel - ooh happy birthday for tomorrow my dear - hope you have a lovely day. :)
    Great card too you have made with Hedgehog Harry. :)
    Welcome aboard with us at The Crafty Pad and we are all looking forward to working with you. :)

    Debbie The Crafty Pad Designs

    ReplyDelete
  7. fab card...cute little hedgehog...

    Thanks for joining us at Sweet Stampin this week.

    Fi
    x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sweet card, I like the cute image and embossing. Thank you for joining us at Sketch n Stash. Hope you have a great birthday!
    Sarah-Jane xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Birthday for tomorrow Rachel! Hope your day is all you wish for & more!
    So glad to have you on the team at The Crafty Pad! So looking forward to working with you again! Just didn't realise it would be so soon!
    Hugs
    Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. lol PS! Great job with Harry Hedgehog! I love that little guy!
    D xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is gorgeous,love the image...fab colours.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Super cute card! Love your layout and cute hedgehog. Thanks for joining our Tic-Tac-Toe Digi Makeover Challenge at Paper Makeup Stamps. And hope you enjoy a crafty, happy birthday tomorrow too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a lovely card, what a cute hedgehog. Love the colours too. Thanks for joining us at Cutie Pie xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congrats on your new dt position! Great looking card - the hedgehog is so cute. So glad you shared it with us at Paper Makeup Stamps' Digi Makeover Challenge this week. Have a happy birthday and enjoy all your goodies!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful card. Love this cute image and flowers.
    Thank you for joining us at Sweet Stampin` “Your Favourite Stamp” Challenge and we hope to see you again soon.
    Hugs
    Natali

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congratulations on your new DT position! Super cute card & I really love the embellies! Thanks so much for playing along with Sweet Stampin x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congrats on your new DT position! Hope you had a wonderful b-day. Your card is so adorable, Rachel. Thanks for playing Tic-Tac-Toe with us this week at Digi Makeover Challenge. Hope to see you back at our next challenge too :)
    Hugs, Eret

    ReplyDelete
  18. How cute!!!! Thanks for participating in our CC and C challenge this week! Hope to see you again next week!!!
    ~DEANNE~

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh such a cute card - love all the texture! Thanks for joining us at Sketch N Stash this time around, Juliexx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Such a cute card- love it. I have left an award on my blog for you. Marlene

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou so much for leaving a comment - it really does mean a lot to me! Hugs Rachel xx