My shining star

My shining star

Wednesday, 2 September 2015

Zara's card

Hello there - how are you? I hope you are okay - thanks for your concern about my house - things are ongoing shall we say but the end is in sight - thankfully! I'm doing this at my mums because I still can't get on the internet at home - I have most of the lights and sockets now but still waiting for the shower and the plasterer needs to come and sort things out before I can get on with decorating! So please forgive me if I don't get around to comment - doing it on my phone is hard work!!!

Today I have the card I made for Penny's best friend. She'll be 8 on Monday next week and enjoys football!  I hope she likes this.

The background I made using distress stains and stamped with distress inks.  The topper is from LOTV art pad and has been cut with a spellbinders die.

I used an Indigo Blu stamp and also a small script stamp from papermania.

Hoping for the internet to have returned tonight!


Rachel xx

Tuesday, 1 September 2015

Numbers at Country View Crafts

Hello there! Can't believe its the 1st September already! How did that happen? Well its time for a new challenge over at Country View Crafts and this time the theme is set by the lovely Nikki and is Numbers. For my first piece I made a card using lots of lovely TH goodies:

I started out using a stamp from the winged-things stamp set from stampers anonymous - I stamped in black archival and then coloured in the hat and wings using distress markers milled lavendar and peeled paint.

Next I applied tim-holtz-distress---micro-glaze and this protects the image - its like a sealant and is so very easy to use! Next I made the background - I used cracked-pistachiopeacock-feathers and -peeled-paint distress inks to create the background and also blossomflourish and scribbles layering stencils from Tim Holtz.

After building up the background I also added white and black paint acrylic circles using a distress stain top and also stamped more numbers using a stamp from the typography stamp set.

I hope you can join us at countryviewchallenges this month - remember to read the rules and link up to be in with a chance of winning a £20 voucher to spend at countryviewcrafts. 

Big Hugs to you! Enjoy your day! 

Rachel xx

Sunday, 30 August 2015

a bit quiet!

Hello lovelies! I'm back from my holibobs and was having the house rewired whilst I've been away - so I've returned to an almighty mess - consequently I may be absent for a few days. Do not worry! I shall return! See you all soon! Hugs Rachel x

Friday, 28 August 2015

Liz's card

Hello Lovelies - this is my final scheduled post for a while - we should be returning from Cornwall tomorrow - not looking forward to the drive but it has to be done!

Today i would like to share a card with you that i made for my friend Liz.

I thought this indigo blu stamp might be suitable - but first I made up the background using distress inks and layering stencils. then I added small stamps before adding the main stamp in black archival.

The last thing I added were painty circles in snowflake fresco paint! I hope Liz liked it!

Big hugs and back to normal soon!

Rachel x

Wednesday, 26 August 2015

Danielle's card

Hello Lovelies - another scheduled post today - this is a card I made for my friend Danielle's birthday - it was yesterday so I'm safe to post it just now:

She's a really bright sunny person so i wanted to make a card reflecting that! I used distress inks in yellows and orange and then two clarity stencils plus a script stamp.

The friendship stamp is from Indigo Blu.

Thanks for popping by today!


Rachel xx

Tuesday, 25 August 2015

mini canvas for Lavinia

Hello Lovelies! This is a scheduled post so i hope things work out okay! I've made a mini canvas for this moths Lavinia Stamps challenge - where the theme is anything but a card.  I decided a canvas was a good idea in the case.

I started off using texture paste through a crafters workshop A4 sized stencil - then once dry I base coated the whole canvas with cinderella metallic pink paint from Indigo Blu. 

Next I used emerald city metallic green paint from indigo blu on the leaves and a blue paint on the dragonflies. I also added some sprays and let the whole thin dry.

Next came stamping using lavinia stamps and both inks and paints.I also added some inka gold wax. Finally i added the stamped image at the bottom that I stamped in card and fussy cut before adding.

I would like to enter this into the following challenges:

Thanks for looking today!


rachel x

Sunday, 23 August 2015

Summertime at Country View Crafts

Hello lovelies! Well here I am today with the second of my posts for CVC this month - the theme is summertime and I have used lots of lovely Paperartsy goodies in my second make. Can't get enough of the beautiful Lin Brown stamps. In todays project I used two main stamp sets elb24 - sunflower and elb22 teasel. I started with three MDF hearts and painted them with fresco-finish-chalk-acrylic-paints jade.

It looks very blue in this picture against the black but trust me it is jade! Then I started stencilling with snowflake paint. I used different stencils on each heart.

On the first one I used the -jofy-ps007 stencil. I stamped the sunflower in red archival on card then painted with -tango fresco paint.  I fussy cut and added to the hanging. I also stamped with some of the smaller stamps from the set to build up the background. The sentiment came from the teasel set.

On this one I used the stencil-elb-ps002 and some smaller stamps and painted with both the bougainvillia paint and the wisteria paint. 

The final part uses the stencil-elb-ps004. and the paints zesty-zing and banana. 

I hope you can join is in the wonderful summertime challenge over at countryviewchallenges.
There's still time and you might be lucky and win a £20 voucher to spend in store! 

Big hugs

Have a great day!

Rachel x